Senior Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Senior Legal Officer-Compliance
Grade: BRS 5
NO. Of Posts: 1
Advert NO. :No. 26/2020
reporting to: the Director Legal Compliance & Research.
- Implement an effective legal compliance program;
- Review BRS policies, and advice management on possible risks;
- Advise management on the BRS’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports;
- Develop effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations;
- Regularly audit BRS procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks;
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest laws, regulations and policies;
- Collaborate with other Departments to establish sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them;
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on any compliance issue when needed;
- Maintain a current working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and policies;
- Develop, populate and maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date register of compliance with laws, regulations and policies; Develop, populate and maintain comprehensive compliance checklists;
- Coordinate enterprise-wide risk management activities and prepare reports; Undertake Corruption Risk Assessment and develop a Corruption Risk Mitigation Plan;
- Implement measures emanating from the Corruption Risk Mitigation Plan and Submit monthly and quarterly performance reports using the prescribed reporting format.
- Is a Citizen of Kenya
- Has Bachelors of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member, in good standing, of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to apply
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Candidates are advised to apply for one position where they are most suited.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 5th October, 2020.
interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert make their applications by completing ONE BRS Form. The application form and the detailed job requirements, duties and responsibilities for each position should be downloaded from either of the following websites; www.brs.go.ke, www.publicservice.go.ke or www.amsol.co.ke