Internal Audit & Risk Management Senior Officer Jobs, Latest Audit Jobs, NLC Jobs
An officer appointed to this position will be responsible for providing independent objective assurance on the effectiveness of commission risk management, internal controls and governance processes to support the achievement of the Commissions goals and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions under the supervision of Chief internal Auditor;
- Verifying the existence and safety of NLC assets
- Preparing draft audit reports and submitting to the immediate supervisor for review
- Follow up with management on action taken to implement audit recommendations
- Carrying out audits in accordance to the annual work plan
- Verify payments to enhance validity and accuracy
- Undertake special audit assignments like investigations for theft
- Verify personnel emoluments, authorized allowances and benefits
- Assist in carrying out systems audit
- Verify procurement procedures, stores and stores’ records
- Carry out quarterly and annual stock
- Carrying out surprise cash counts
- Assist in the review of the completeness and accuracy of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Assist in the review of NLC budgets and budgetary control procedures
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option) Business Administration/Management (Finance or Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or CIA, CISA, CFE, CRMA its equivalent from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Member of a relevant professional association e.g. ICPAK & ACCA, IIA, ISACA
- Certificate in Management course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution
- Five (5) years of service, or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Applicants must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Knowledge of relevant legislations on public procurement and public financial management.
- Knowledge of relevant auditing and accounting standards
- Knowledge of information management systems is essential
- Possession of risk assessment skills and the ability to plan effectively to ensure adequate coverage of all High and critical risks is necessary.
- Proficiency in computer application
- Good Communication skills
How To Apply
Applicants are advised to visit our website www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply. Applicants MUST apply both online and submit hard copies of their application. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer; women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission by
31st March, 2020 on/or before 5.00pm.
All Applications should be submitted to:
National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road,
Avenue ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100