Senior Hospital Electrical & Electronics Technician Jobs, Electrical Jobs, Electronics Jobs, Technical Jobs, Kenyatta University Teaching, Research and Referral Hospital Jobs
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Section/Unit: Biomedical Engineering
Reports to: Senior Hospital Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the Hospital Electrical Engineer, Senior Electrical/Electronics Technician, job exists to provide all general electrical and electronics installation, repair and maintenance works at KUTRRH
- Review electrical plans and specifications in building in order to understand the construction layout and related materials for electrical and electronics works in the hospital.
- Ensure all electrical installation, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes and environmental safety and protection requirements in the hospital.
- Implement all electrical and electrics systems and equipment installation, modification, repair and maintenance assignments by the Electrical Engineer on buildings and structure in the hospital.
- Change, repair and modify hospital building electrical systems, wiring, fittings and appliances to suit end user interests in the hospital.
- Identify and requisition the required tools, equipment and materials needed for use in electrical and electronics works in the hospital.
- Connect, disconnect and change electrical routing and wiring and settings of electrical appliances and electronics as required by end users in the hospital.
- Perform scheduled general maintenance service on electrical wiring, systems and equipment and appliances in the hospital.
- Implement all electrical and electronics installation, maintenance and user requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met in the hospital
- Implement installations, repairs and maintenance of electricity systems and appliances, and transmission are properly adjusted, aligned, supported and graded in the hospital.
- Undertake repairs, performance verification testing, acceptance testing, planned preventative maintenance and electrical safety testing on a wide variety of medical devices in the hospital.
- Train other staff in use of electric medical equipment and devices, keeping training records for their appropriate use, safety and maintenance in the hospital.
- Report to the Hospital Electrical Engineer of “out of condition” electronics and electrical appliances for their requisition and replacement in the hospital.
- Work in collaboration with the biomedical staff to service and maintain electrical medical equipment in the hospital.
- Wok with the boiler operators in maintaining all electrical and electronic heating and cooling appliances and systems in the hospital.
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics with three-year experience or any other relevant field from recognized institution Engineering or its equivalent from a reputable institution
- Higher Diploma in Electrical and Electronics
- At least three years working experience as an Electrical/Electronics Technician in reputable organization
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of operating procedures
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards
- Professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role:
- Registration with relevant professional body
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Ability to work odd hours and odd days
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form.
ONLY via email to [email protected]
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.