Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 45 Months
Gross Monthly Remuneration: Kshs. 465,212.40
Reporting to Project Manager/Director, the job holder will provide expert technical advice, training and guidance to the staff working within the project Analysis Unit.
- Working with Statisticians in KNBS and the project Data Manager to obtain data sets of relevance to nutrition from Ministries, International agencies and Civil society organisations to catalogue and archive the files;
- Undertaking specialised analysis of data which contributes to answering the questions posed by the Policy Advisory Committee;
- Supporting the production of summary statistics by regions and Counties that could be contributed to data dashboards or developed by the project and placed on the website of KNBS;
- Participating in meetings of the KNIPFN Policy Advisory Committee to provide support and guidance on the information and data required for analysis are available to assist in analysis of the questions raised;
- Working with staff of the KNIPFN to write reports, policy briefs, papers and other documents with the support of the project Communications Officer;
- Liaising with staff of the Global Support Facility for the NIPN initiative to identify suitable training courses for staff and specialist advisors or specialist training materials to support the analytical processes of the project;
- Undertaking special tasks assigned by the Project Director, related to the KNIPFN project;
- Attending meetings of the KNIPFN Project Management Committee as a representative of the KNIPFN Analysis unit;
- Attending the annual international technical meeting of NIPNs organised by the GSF;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Master Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Econometrics or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in the management, analysis and reporting of biomedical data including human nutrition statistics;
- Experience in managing, organising, creating, analysing and archiving data sets;
- Experience of analysing panel data from surveillance systems or multiple data sets of cross-sectional surveys;
- Proven experience in using STATA statistical software;
- Experience of using R and ARC-GIS software is an added advantage;
- Proven ability to write technical reports, documents or papers in English;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P.O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 103
Applications must be received not later than 5TH FEBRUARY, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.