Senior Brand Manager Jobs, Brand Manager Jobs, Coca Cola Kenya Jobs
Job ID: R-22983
This role will lead top line growth and value creation for Hydration portfolio brands in SA. Hydration led by Bonaqua and Valpre are big bets across SA territories. In light of the continuing trend of growing H&W categories, this role will be a key contributor to capture the future revenue growth potential reflected in the LRP’s of SA.
The role will be responsible for developing the long-term TCCC Hydration portfolio category growth strategy for the region and will roll-out in the coming years. Based on category strategy, the role will create the related master brand plans and their implementation in the course of the ABP process, success in Hydration will be achieved through a thorough market understanding and by continuously identifying gaps and revenue growth opportunities which can be captured by leveraging scalable consumer insights.
In order to make this happen, this role requires not only deep expertise of the beverage category but especially a profound business and operational understanding of how to profitably build and grow Still Beverages brands within the Coca-Cola System. On top, this position will also lead the content development and connection planning process for the portfolio in collaboration with the Stills BU leads, IMC, C&CL and bottling team.
This person will also provide leadership in identifying consumer insights and creating winning strategies that deliver against consumer and company destination for the brands. Be the role model in implementing the new way of working in SA and with the BU team.
Brand Growth Strategy & Plans
- Provide thought leadership and lead the development of the overall Hydration category growth and portfolio strategy and the related brand plans which are effective in delivering the volume, revenue, profit and share objectives, as well as building brand and category equity.
- Lead the alignment and agreement of the brand strategies and plans with the relevant constituencies (esp. BU, Cross functional and bottling team) to ensure commitment and full implementation on all levels.
- Lead the development of the initiatives defined in the brand plans (IMC, product innovation, activations, OBPPC etc.) which will ensure delivery of the stated objectives.
- Lead the development of comprehensive business plans considering all elements of the System value chain and investment requirements to accelerate qualified decision making of the SLT and, as a consequence, to accelerate roll-out of defined category initiatives.
- Establish the necessary processes & routines to ensure continuous information sharing and relationship building with these constituents.
- Collaborate closely with Finance to be able to lead discussions on business cases and investment scenarios.
Global & BU brand alignment
- Close collaboration and ongoing routines with the BU and Global Stills team to fully benefit from and leverage their support to develop an effective category growth strategy.
- Influence BU and Global on delivering any required brand toolkits on time and in the required quality.
- Work closely with commercial and franchise leadership team to ensure world class year round activation and to develop respective initiatives across multiple priortitzed occasions / moments and relvant channels
- Analyse the volume performance and performance across key brand equity and operational measures to identify growth opportunities
- Ensure strategic brand communications (including advertising, promotion and media plans) via deep consumer understanding, KBI tracking and following global category strategy guidelines
- Work closely with BU team to understand the Global strategy, cascade and implement the key strategy and programs
- Lead the IMC task team to think strategically and focus on developing high quality advertising and conncection plan which truly leverage on superior consumer insights.
- Manage and lead the MF and CIF process for respective projects
- Monitor execution of all projects and ensure prompt delivery in relation to overall marketing schedule.
- Proactively import and export the best practice and learning on Water with occasion based programs
- Build a high level of profound consumer understanding related to the Water category, collaborating with the S&I function and leveraging expertise from the BU and Global Stills team.
- Collaborate with the Technical function and the bottler’s supply chain teams to build the required functional expertise in procurement, manufacturing and logistics.
- Collaborate with the Finance function to provide solid financial frameworks for value chains, business cases and investment decisions.
- Build a strong short-, medium- and long-term innovation pipeline together with the Technical team as the backbone of the water category growth strategy.
- Develop a successful commercial and OBPPC strategy and related channel plans in close collaboration with the Commercial function
- Lead the strategic and tactical innovation agenda on product, packaging, equipment and marketing concepts and ensure a strong and filled innovation pipeline for the next 1-10 years.
- Define the research agenda with S&I to ensure a strong stock of insights to be leveraged for future innovations.
- Innovate processes which will help to accelerate delivery and which will foster out-of-the box thinking for long-term competitive advantages in the water category.
- Shape processes and routines with other functions esp. Technical, S&I and CCH Supply Chain to support ideation and commercialization of short and long term innovations
Implementation of Brand Plans/Strategies
- Secure correct and timely implementation of strategies in cooperation with key TCCC functions: Technical, Finance, Commercial, Legal, PA&C, Marketing Communication, Marketing Insights and Strategic Planning, Market Managers and Bottlers to execute brand plans with excellence. Evaluate the results and leverage learnings.
- Provide timely, accurate and inspirational communication between the Company and the Bottlers, as well as appropriate company departments and management regarding consumer marketing issues/opportunities.
DME effectiveness and efficiency
- Define the key choices of consumer DMI allocation among different connection points and – if applicable – among different brands and influence the team to invest their funds the most effective and efficient way.
- Monitor DMI spend and consult on investment optimizations.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.