Senior Assistant Director Manufacturing and Agribusiness Jobs, Engineering Jobs, MSEA Jobs
Ref. No: MSEA- 8/7/2019 (MSEA Grade 4)
Reporting to the Director of Infrastructure Development Technology and Innovation.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:- Promoting the development and implementation of incubation and innovation programmes and projects; Promotion of value addition in key priority sectors; Promotion of the development of MSE tooling and machining; Facilitation of the development of technical, entrepreneurial and managerial skills for the MSE sector and provision of information to assist in arbitration and settlement of Industrial Property Rights and disputes; Creation and promotion of market linkages for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs); Facilitation of access to short, medium and long term financing for MSMEs; Initiation and promotion of new MSE investments; Initiation and promotion of MSE programmes and projects; Facilitation of the revitalization of underperforming Jua Kali sectors; Provision of support and promotion of indigenous entrepreneurs; and Facilitation of franchising and subcontracting between and among MSMEs and large industries.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served for a cumulative period of eight (8) years, three of which must be in the grade of Industrial/Enterprise Development Officer in the Public Service or in a comparable and relevant position;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Biological/Physical Sciences, Statistics, Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Electronics, Metallurgy, Aeronautical, Agricultural), Agriculture, Animal Sciences, Food technology, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Textile Technology, Production Technology. Leather Sciences, Wood Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Computer Science from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Biological/Physical Sciences, Statistics, Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Electronics, Metallurgy, Aeronautical, Agricultural), Agriculture, Animal Sciences, Food technology, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Textile Technology, Production Technology. Leather Sciences, Wood Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Geology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Computer Science from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in any of the following fields: Project Planning, Project Appraisal, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Entrepreneurship, Public Policy Analysis, Small Enterprises Policy and Promotion, Environmental Impact Assessment and Auditing, Environmental Management or Business Development Services lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- attended a Strategic management Course or an equivalent management course from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the mission, vision, and strategies of MSEA and the ability to clearly interpret and apply role of Micro and Small Enterprise in Kenya’s social economic development and particularly in line with vision 2030 and Big 4 Agenda
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and attach the following documents to their applications:-
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission clearance Certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board clearance Certificate(HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How To Apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please submit your sealed application letters with detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, 3 referees with their e-mail addresses and telephone contacts; quoting the Reference Number for the job being applied on both the envelop and the application letter.
All applications should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered or emailed to the Chief Executive Officer not later than 30th July, 2019.
The Chief Executive Officer
Micro and Small Enterprise Authority (MSEA)
Utalii House 10th Floor, Left wing
P.O. Box 48823-00100
Email: [email protected]
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form or failure to attach any of the stipulated documents shall lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.