JOB GRADE 5
VACANCY NO.: CDACC/2/JAN.2019
BASIC SALARY SCALE: KSHS.71,500-117,500PM
Allowances will be paid as per the prevailing government guidelines.
An officer in this level will be reporting to the Principal Assessment & Certification Officer.
The duties and responsibilities of this grade will entail:
- Processing assessment records for the award of certificates;
- Participating in the preparation of training programmes for assessors and verifiers;
- Providing input in the preparation of assessment and certification reports;
- Maintaining a data base for all certificate holders, accredited curriculum developers, assessors, verifiers and assessment centers;
- Sensitizing and training assessors, verifiers and curriculum developers on competency based assessment, verification and curriculum development;
- Providing input in the development of assessment and certification guidelines for TVET;
- Participating in the review of procedures and guidelines for conducting
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL);
- Generating proposals for support of exchange visits to countries with best CBET practices;
- Facilitating liaison among assessment centers and training institutions;
- Investigating cases involving malpractices in assessment and certification;
- Evaluate and analyze feedback and complaints from all stakeholders involved in TVET assessment and certification; and
- Supervising and guiding staff working under him.
- Served in the grade of Assessment and Certification Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or an equivalent position in the TVET sector in a public organization or any other reputable organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Engineering related courses,
- Information and Communication Technology, Textiles or Clothing Technology,
- Catering or Hospitality Management, Business Studies, Applied Sciences, Education with relevant specialization, Social Science with relevant specialization or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Conducted training in Competency Based Assessment (CBA);
- Facilitated in development of at least five (5) assessment tools; and
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution.
How To Apply
Those who fulfil the requirements of the positions should submit their applications clearly Quoting the Vacancy/Position and Vacancy Number on the envelope and application. The Application MUST be accompanied with detailed C.V stating the current position, work experience, postal address, telephone and email contacts, and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates (only those stated in the job requirements) and, relevant to work testimonials.
Applicants should download and fill the Applicant’s Personal Profile Form from our website. TVET Curriculum Development Assessment and Certification Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fee on job applicants. Female candidates, persons with disability who possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent through the Post Office box, emailed or hand delivered to by 5.00pm on 14th February, 2019 addressed to:
The Council Secretary/CEO
TVET Curriculum Development Assessment and Certification Council
Kenyatta Avenue, Teleposta Towers, 25th Floor, Wing C
P.O Box 15745-00100-00100
Email: [email protected]
Applicants who will be invited for interview will be expected to produce valid copies of Clearance certificates from the following organizations when they appear for interview in Fulfillment of the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
- Valid self-declaration forms from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission specific to this job advertisement;
- Valid tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Valid Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) clearance.
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)issued not more than one year ago from the date of this advert;
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate;
For any queries please call this number +254777172002
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION
Competence certification for economic development
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.