Senior Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs,
(Job Grade ‘P’ CASB 05),
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 87, 360 – Kshs 121,430 p.m House Allowance: Kshs. 28, 000,
Commuter Allowance: Kshs.12, 000,
Duties and Responsibilities
The officer will be responsible for the following functions:
- monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- follow up implementation of Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the Assembly;
- preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
- consolidation of cash flow projections;
- assisting the head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Assembly;
- assist in setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- responsible for provision of quality and timely accounting services in the Assembly including maintenance of appropriate and up-to-date accounting records;
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Accountant officer I or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent;
- Master degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and membership of good standing;
- Strategic Leadership course from a recognized institution lasting not less than six weeks;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
All interested applicants MUST obtain and submit the following valid documents;
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport
- Observe Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority; ( KRA),
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board; (HELB),
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; (EACC),
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal investigation Department; (CID); and
- Clearance Certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- The applicants should attach copies of their certificates and testimonials.
- It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application, giving false or misleading information on conviction may lead to being fined or imprisoned.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- CANVASSING in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Kisumu County Assembly Service Board is committed to implementing the provisions of the constitution – chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, THE MAGINALISED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce original copies of their Identity Cards, Academic and Professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letters of appointment to their current substantive post during their interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered not later than Monday 12th April, 2021 at 5.00 pm to the office of the clerk and addressed to:
COUNTY ASSEMBLY SERVICE BOARD KISUMU COUNTY ASSEMBLY
P. O. BOX 86 -40100 KISUMU
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.