Company Secretary Jobs at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting a Company Secretary in Tanzania. The hiring company is a reputable manufacturing firm in Tanga producing packaging bags for retail.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be required to directly supervise the finance, commercial and stores & procurement departments. You will also be required to take initiatives and give key input and take various responsibilities in the company’s overall administration and operations. Other key tasks include internal audit, MIS, budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, securing funding and being an integral member in the decision making process for further investments / projects.
Company Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters
- Work with the MD on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, regional, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the MD in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective budgets and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent audits
- Detailed audit of operational budgets and work closely with MD to ensure success through cost analysis support
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to financial institutions, development and monitoring of organizational and contract budgets
- Oversee purchasing and payroll activity for staff and workers
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved, and all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with statutory requirements
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on any Audit/Finance Committee
- Monitor banking activities of the organization. Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs
- Oversee the production of monthly reports and financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management and Board of Directors
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a recovery plan is in place for problematic debts
- Maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets and the fixed asset register
- Oversee all statutory liaison, requirements and implementation
- Oversee the preparation of strategic operational administration manuals
- Preparation of systems for an eventual transition to an enterprise resource platform
As Company Secretary
- Coordinating and attending board and committee meetings and drafting minutes
- Serving as a liaison for directors, officers, and shareholders
- Directing the activities related to the meeting of shareholders
- Maintaining key corporate documents and records
- Supervising stock transfers
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, and;
- Tending to various other tasks either unique to a company or simply “as assigned”
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to [email protected] marking the subject as “3081”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3081 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 17th November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.