School Nurse Job, Nursing Jobs In Kenya 2020,
St. Andrew’s School, Turi, an international Christian Boarding School offering a British Curriculum education, wishes to fill the following position in the School from November, 2020.
The School comprises two semi-autonomous Schools: the Preparatory school for pupils between of ages of 3-13 and the Senior School for pupils between the ages of 13-18.
The School Nurse is a whole school appointment and is responsible to the School Nurse and the Medical Centre Administrator. S/he will work closely with the School Doctor and the Medical team to provide health services in the School as well as assisting in the management of the medical services in the School.
- Providing healthcare to students and staff members
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses including overseeing medication administration.
- Treat injuries and mild to acute sicknesses with the assistance of the Doctor
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases and assessing the School environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Actively participating in School safety plans related to physical education, games and outdoor activities
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures including screening of body mass index.
- Providing health advice to school educational teams such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches and counsellor.
- Write referrals for consultants and other health specialists
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Ensure compliance with the Kenya Medical Board and Pharmacy Board advisory and all other health laws.
Personal & professional attributes
- Holder of a Diploma in KRCHN or its equivalent
- Work experience of a minimum of five years as a registered Nurse, three of which should be in a School set-up.
- Be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya and be in possession of a valid practicing
- Attention to detail with a high degree of integrity and able to keep strict confidence in the work environment
How to Apply
A full job description is available on request from the HR Director. If you feel that you meet the required criteria, please complete the School’s application form which can be downloaded from the School website and return the completed form by email to [email protected]
Closing Date for applications: October 15, 2020
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.