Field Services Technician/Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs 2021,
Role title: Field Services Technician/engineer -Cooling, UPS
Location: Schneider Electric SE – XML Nairobi, Kenya
Schneider Electric East Africa is looking for a highly motivated technical professional with rich experience to join our Secure Power & Cooling Services Business as the Field Service Representative (Technician -Secure Power) This position will report to Technical Team leader Field Services Secure power.
- New installations, Installation of various types of UPS, startups, and commissioning
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service Secure Power equipment Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, Automatic voltage regulators, HVAC/CRAC systems
- Retrofit, and provide technical support for all Secure Power equipment UPS, AVR, Cooling Air-conditioning
- Carryout inspection at client premises and advise customers on best practice, new services, and upgrade opportunities
- Perform Preventive, scheduled, and unscheduled Maintenance of customer equipment
- Review electrical drawings, prepare scopes of work, concerning electrical/UPS equipment status, provide recommendations pertaining to UPS and electrical systems on site, advice on UPS system operation/maintenance/repairs and upgrades
- Workshop repairs, inspect and troubleshoot faulty customer equipment brought to the workshop, make recommendation for required spares, follow through, carry out the repairs and test the equipment’s. Inform when equipment is ready for collection.
- Submit Opportunity Detected during customer interventions
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up
- When at customer site, looks for other business opportunities outside current scope of work and lead them to the sales team
- Remote support to customer, investigating remotely the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes
- Perform basic audits of customer’s electrical systems and equipment.
- Document all required information for each site (technical report)
- Get signature from customer for acceptance after the execution of the on-site work
- Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment’s upgrades that will meet customer needs.
- Minimum of Diploma / HND in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Demonstrated technical skill and competence pertaining to Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, Automatic voltage regulators, HVAC/CRAC systems, electrical switchgears, and electrical distribution systems
- At least has 5 years’ experience in Technical Field Services role with experience in maintenance, repair, installations of UPS, Airconditioning Cooling equipment, electrical switchgears, and other electrical equipment’s
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of safety requirements with UPS power and other electrical systems and also able to apply safety policies, practices, and procedures in work execution
- Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required
- High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred.
How to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.