Supply Chain Officer Job, Latest Kenya Supply Jobs,
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- The Supply chain officer will ensure procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management and assets activities are carried out as per the SCI Supply Chain Policies.
- Ensure proper reporting of all Supply Chain Activities in a timely manner and in line with financial control mechanisms for Procurement and support management of stock, and assets.
- Consolidate and review the monthly Supply chain reports documenting action points and timelines to achieve them as well as follow ups.
- Assist the Supply Chain Coordinator in providing inductions to programmes teams on Supply chain procedures and procedures.
- Conduct procurement of program supplies in line with the organizations procurement policy
- Ensure suppliers are duly registered and qualified in the ProSave system
- Support the Supply chain coordinator to provide trainings/refresher sessions to programs and other staff on Supply Chain ERP systems like ProSave, Total Inventory Management (TIM) and others
- As a point person, ensure timely supplies of programmes materials to various field offices.
- Working with the Supply Chain Coordinator in determining the sources of supply of goods and services to meet programme needs.
- Develop and consolidate procurement plans and schedules with various project managers and ensure they are adhered to.
- Support management of programmes stocks, ensuring proper storage of stocks, stock levels are maintained in relation with programmes consumption.
- Consolidate and plan for transportation of project supplies to various field offices in a timely, reliable and cost effective manner.
- Support in managing the incoming and outgoing stock according to the warehousing and stock Management standards.
- Participate in Award Review Meetings, Kick Off/Close out meetings for different awards and give supply chain updates
- Support the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to their specific requirements
- Assist in ensuring all stock are accounted for and dispatched with appropriate and relevant documentations and authorizations.
- Assist in ensuring that all project supplies are tracked using appropriate variables/criteria from point of dispatch to distribution/delivery.
- Assist in ensuring all stock movements are documented using SCI documents (GRNs, Waybills, Stock Releases, Stock Cards, Stock Reports)
- Assist in preparing and circulating the warehouse report on a weekly basis to the relevant budget holders and programme staff.
- Assist in ensuring all stock discrepancies/damages are properly documented, investigated and reported to budget holders and Supply chain Coordinator.
- Assist in Organizing and planning for the transportation of project supplies to the various field offices.
- Assist in ensuring warehouses are kept secure at all times and are maintained, clean, well -organised and pest free.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Logistics Management, business administration or related area
- 3 years’ prior experience in logistics management in the NGO sector, within country programmes and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Proven experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Experiencing in managing, and supervising and training staff in supply chain
- Ability to prepare Supply Chain reports
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Cultural awareness, with strong written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments;
- Fluent in English, both written and oral; Local language skills a major advantage.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of Supply chain e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention e.g. Child protection, Education, Health, WASH, Food Security, Construction
- Experience working with ERP system
- Knowledge of ERP systems
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21 April. 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.