Medical Laboratory Technologist Job, Latest Laboratory Technologist Jobs,
JOB TITTLE: Medical Laboratory Technologist
REPORTS TO: Head Laboratory Technologist
Purpose of the Job:
Provide accurate, timely and quality laboratory services to patient to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in compliance and harmony with quality standards and practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and other lab tests accurately and efficiently
- Take an active role in the referral of samples to third party laboratories where required and ensure follow-ups
- Clean and maintain equipment to achieve the optimum instrument performance and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Provides quality service for all aspects of the pre, analytic and post analytical phase of test performance
- Performs various clerical duties (e.g. report processing/filing, distributing results, booking appointments and telephone reception)
- Performs data entry, completes requisitions for testing, and enters patient data and tests requests for daily routine specimen collections.
- Ensures proper disposal of specimens, reagents and biohazard us waste, as per department procedures and policies
- Washes and decontaminates benches, glassware, countertops, sinks, cupboards and equipment
- Prepares patient (e.g., identification, consent, medical condition, instruction of procedure) for specimen collection
- Collects (e.g., within facility or client home) and prepares samples for in house testing and/or dispatches to reference laboratories
- Prepare the laboratory equipment, media, reagents and specimens for tests
- Observe good laboratory practices while carrying out assigned duties
- Maintains strict confidentiality and treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect
- Managing clinical risks emanating from the job
- Undertake any other work-related duties assigned from time to time
- Diploma in medical laboratory sciences/technology or related courses from a recognized training institution
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board
- Minimum 1 year post qualification experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and techniques to administer patient care
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in a team based environment
- Ability to work under stress and overtime
- Ethical and responsible
- Having abilities to meet deadlines
- Being able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Being ethical and responsible
- Having high attention to details
ESSENTIAL PERSONNAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ethical and responsible
- Self motivated and dynamic
- Patient oriented
The work environment is characterized by normal risks in a medical laboratory including health and safety risks
HOW TO APPLY
All Applicants must submit curriculum vitae and testimonials by email to [email protected] with the Position as the Subject no later than 8th February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.