Procurement Manager Job, Latest Procurement Jobs,
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Procurement Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support teams in managing the buying process for a given set of goods/services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide technical/commercial assistance to managers across all functions of the business and needs to develop an awareness of all manufacturing processes and improve his product knowledge to be able to assist stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Work with managers to balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Actively participate in supporting the current procurement partners/teams including their performance reviews.
- Ensure a continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers, and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Assess quotations from potential suppliers working closely with specific teams
- Support preparation of purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems
- Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent procurement qualifications.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Has imports/exports experience and has managed at least 1 or 2 associates
- Proven purchasing experience of equipment, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
- Self & Relationship Management
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Embraces personal challenge
- Confident, rounded thinking and is self-aware and proactively contributes to the team
- Is assertive, optimistic, and open to change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of the impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk that could prevent the organization from meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
Skills & Attributes
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem identification and solution abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Strong mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge.
- A developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Friday 24th March 2021. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.