General Manager, Administration Jobs In Kenya,
About the role
The trading of carbon credits can help companies and the world meet ambitious goals for reducing greenhouse gas emissions. As a leading provider of carbon-negative sustainable agricultural inputs in Kenya, Sanergy’s growth over the next 5-10 years will be driven by the growing carbon market as we scale our operations.
Sanergy is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as General Manager responsible for workstreams leading up to the issuance of carbon credits. The individual will be engaged right from the Project Design Stage to the issuance of credits. They will lead collaborative research and engagement strategy in order to identify the best opportunities in the carbon credit space. A confident networker, will represent the organization at meetings, forums and events in order to initiate and strengthen strategic relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve Sanergy’s targets of registering carbon credits under waste diversion/alternative waste treatment protocols of Gold Standard or VERRA
- Research and evaluate alternative protocols to maximize carbon credits
- Lead all aspects of project development, MRV systems with 3rd party auditors, and marketing carbon credits in traditional (CORSIA, CBL GEO) as well as other on-chain markets (Toucan, Flowcarbon)
- Working towards applications and approvals of deviations from existing protocols for projects which don’t fit under standardized protocols
- Represent Sanergy externally with investors, government, collaborators, and other key stakeholders
- 3+ years of work experience in carbon credit project development, carbon financing, or carbon consulting in a global development context.
- Experience with building a startup or an independent team from scratch.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the compliance markets – historically CDM and now Article 6.4 under the Paris Agreement as well as Article 6.2 under the Paris Agreement (i.e., including project registration, credit authorization, and transfer of credits into compliance markets under bilateral agreements between national governments).
- Experience working in developing countries
- Experience with off-chain markets such as CORSIA, CBL GEO as well as on-chain protocols such as Toucan.
- Highly organized team player, with proactive and flexible work style.
- Strong existing networks in the carbon credit community are preferred.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply
Application Deadline May 15, 2022, Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.