Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Assistant Production Manager Jobs, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Sanergy is looking for a mission-driven Assistant Production Manager to support the production team in assist the production team in ensuring the accomplishment of manufacturing team results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Breakdown weekly production plan into daily schedules and drive daily adherence to this by line-staff in the Factory
– Breakdown Lean Daily Management projects into SMART goals with clear link to the overall goal of organizational maturity in the Factory
– Schedule and conduct Gemba walks across all sections with respective crew lead line staff to identify opportunities for improvement
– Coach crew leads and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect, escalate and resolve challenges/variances in their domains
– Lead in the development and resolution of factory level short term corrective and preventive actions
– Coach the crew leads to resolve section level day to day challenges through established problem solving toolkits
– Track key resource consumption and cost metrics. These include labor utilization & efficiency, resource utilization and machine utilization
– Analyse daily production outputs to identify wastes, develop and implement measures to improve processes in liaison with the Factory Manager
– Analyse resource productivity trends and proactively recommend continuous improvement projects to improve inefficient processes
– Lead your teammates in respective sections to execute daily production schedules
– Coordinate respective section crew leads to ensure that processes move in sync (one-piece flow) to achieve daily targets effectively and efficiently
– Work with multi-disciplinary teams (R&D, Continuous improvement and Design) to ensure harmony in operations in the Factory
-Circulate and reconcile the production plan in all sections through visual controls such as Lean Management boards
– Through effective scheduling, allocate labor to various sub processes to ensure > 90% utilization.
– Develop daily production schedules and Leader Standardized Work (LSW) sheets that will be executed by the respective section crew leads.
– Review adherence to daily schedules, implement load leveling and implement actions to correct variances to ensure operations are back on track.
– Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within budget and as per the tactical plan.
– Work with respective crew leads to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
– Coach crew leads to detect and resolve overutilization of resources within their respective sections in the factory
-Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
-Minimum of 2 years experience working in a factory setting within either of these roles:
– Quality management
– Factory management
-Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
-Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
-Great collaboration, communication and people skills
How to apply