County Director of Trade & Investment Jobs at Samburu County
Job Group ‘R’
Director of Trade & Investment Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding and supervising the implementation of Government policies, strategies and programs on domestic trade and investment.
- Coordinating planning and Administration of trade and investment functions of the County.
- Providing consultancy and technical guidance on trade issues.
- Managing business information in the County.
- Overseeing the development of wholesale hubs/wholesale markets and tier 1 retail markets in the distribution of value chain.
- Facilitating the settlements of trade disputes.
- Addressing Public complaints/customer care issues.
- Organizing and participating in interactive trade fora.
- In addition the Officer will be required to coordinate the preparation of County work plans, setting of performance targets and budget estimates; and guiding and supervising staff in the County.
Requirements for the Director of Trade & Investment Job
- Served in the Grade of Senior Assistant Director Internal Trade for a minimum of 3 years.
- Bachelors’ degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, Business
- Management and Entrepreneurship from a recognized University in Kenya.
- Masters in any of the following: Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration,
- Business Management, Entrepreneurship from a recognized Institution.
- Certificate in strategic leadership development program lasting not less than 6 weeks from a recognized Institution.
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized Institution.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of County and National goals, policies and development objectives and the ability to translate them into Trade development programs/projects
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Samburu County Public Service Board on or before 14th May, 2017
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:-
Samburu County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 3-20600,
Samburu County is an equal opportunity employer committed to values of inclusion and seeks diverse workforce. Women, persons with disabilities and the youth are encouraged to apply.
CS. Dorcas Lekisanyal
Samburu County Public Service Board
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.