Corporate Communications Assistant Job, Current Communication Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Corporate Communications Assistant
Grade RL 7
Corporation/Organization Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Department Corporate Communications
Section / Unit N/A
Location / Work Station Nairobi (Head Office)
Reports to Principal Officer, Corporate Communications
Direct Reports N/A
Indirect Reports N/A
This position reports to the Principal Officer, Corporate Communications and is responsible for providing support in the implementation of the corporate image and stakeholder management policies, strategies and work plans so as to enhance the Commission’s brand and visibility.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
Maintain and update a database of media contacts;
- Maintain and update the mapping of SRC stakeholders;
- Manage the distribution of reports, documents and other information, education and communication (IEC) materials and promotional materials to stakeholders;
- Monitor and provide daily media monitoring statistics and data, on conversations that are within SRC’s mandate;
- Monitor and provide weekly social media growth statistics, trends and data, on conversations that are within SRC’s mandate;
- Collect and collate comments from across SRC’s social media platforms;
- Ensure Live coverage of SRC events, as needed;
- Support the organisation of events, meetings, conferences and exhibitions;
- Undertake photography and videography activities, as well as their editing for enhanced audio-visual communication;
- Upload photographs and videos on the website, Intranet and other SRC digital platforms;
- Drafts articles for e-Connect, Mishahara Newsletter, magazines and other publications, as may be required;
- Support the graphic design of various promotional, IEC materials, reports and documents, as needed;
- Follow up closely with suppliers/vendors and internal staff on ongoing procurement matters;
- Ensure regular availability of e-newspapers and/or hardcopy newspapers; and
- Prepare and submit departmental monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as well as other reports as may be required.
- Financial Responsibility
Responsibility for Physical Assets
b) Office equipment, such as digital camera
- Office furniture
- Office IECs and promotional materials and merchandise
- Decision Making / Job Influence Operational
Office setting with occasional travel out of office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills). Academic qualifications
Diploma in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Media, or a related field.
Previous relevant work experience required.
Two (2) years relevant experience.
Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver excellence service;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- High level of integrity;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with teams; and
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, Copy of national ID, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Details of the positions are on the Commission website.
Upon granting an offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI); A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report); and
A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 9th November, 2022.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.