Safety & Wellness Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Health & Safety Jobs, Safaricom Jobs
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Department within Resources Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Health, Safety and Wellbeing , the role holder will be responsible for assuring the highest possible degree of health and safety for Safaricom’s employees, contractors, sub-contractors and visitors to company premises/ sites of operations.
- Stewardship of Health and Safety Management System, procedures and programs towards ensuring flawless business operations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Health and Safety standards in terms of the work environment for Safaricom’s employees, contractors, sub-contractors and visitors.
- Consolidate a companywide H&S risk profile, identifying and ranking potential areas of weakness and communicate the same with concerned stakeholders for review, where required.
- Maintain a strong field presence throughout company facilities and sites of operations, monitoring and ensuring that all business operations comply with OSH laws and regulations, Safaricom Standards and internationally accepted OSH standards.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and other requirements including annual workplace registration, annual health and safety audits, inspection of lifting equipment and pressurized vessels, annual fire safety audits, noise surveys, illumination surveys, air quality analysis, EMF surveys, amongst others.
- Consolidate a companywide health and safety management plan arising from recommendations of audits and inspections undertaken, communicating the same with concerned stakeholders for review, and tracking to ensure closure.
- Coordination of investigation of all accidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences, property damage or loss, first aid cases and medical treatment cases reported in all company facilities and the identification of corrective and/ or preventative action to prevent recurrence, where applicable.
- Management of the inventory of all first aid amenities/ supplies provided at all company facilities (including medical supplies, medical and non-medical equipment and signage) ensuring that they meet, at all times, legal and best practice standards. This shall include inspection and maintenance of the inventory, as and when required.
- Develop and prepare Safaricom’s Safety and Health Management System targeting ISO 45001 certification.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Health and Safety or related studies.
- Relevant certification/ accreditation in Occupational Safety and Health
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the Occupational Health and Safety field. Added advantage if within the telecommunications, oil and gas or manufacturing industries.
- Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, The Work Injuries Benefit Act, Labour laws and subsidiary legislations.
- Good understanding of ISO 45001 or other Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems.
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
How to Apply
Apply here for the Health, Safety & Wellness Manager Job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.