Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Are you passionate about safeguarding, as well as making a contribution to effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Safeguarding is an organisational priority. In a newly created role, the Safeguarding Manager will lead on maintaining and implementing the safeguarding policy and associated protocols and procedures within the CBM Global Federation. The key responsibilities will combine elements of policy and procedure development; capacity building; monitoring; safeguarding report handling, management and investigation; and enforcing compliance and accountability.
To be successful in this this role you will establish a comprehensive safeguarding system, and build capacity to enable staff and entities within CBM Global understand and fulfil their responsibilities with regards to safeguarding. In addition, you’ll establish a network of trained and capacitated focal points, and effectively manage all safeguarding incidents.
You’ll also use your relationship-building skills to proactively network within the sector and contribute to relevant discussions and debates
Please see the Person Specification below. If you can see yourself providing a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and are sympathetic to our Christian values, we look forward to receiving your application.
Based: Our preference is for the post holder to be based in one of CBM Global’s programme countries. These are: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Kenya, Laos, Madagascar, Nepal, Nigeria, Philippines, and Zimbabwe.
Experience and knowledge
· Minimum of 5 years in a Safeguarding position preferably in an international not-for-profit organisation focusing on children as well as adults at risk
· Demonstrable track record of success in a management level / senior safeguarding role
· Extensive in-depth hands on practical knowledge and experience of safeguarding issues, including legal frameworks, policies, procedures, compliance, incident management / investigation and good practices
· Understanding of the wider Safeguarding topic within the context of humanitarian and development programmes
· Experience of training/capacity building related to Safeguarding
· Knowledge of disability issues or lived experience of disability*****
· Transferrable skills in a health and safety, security, HR or compliance related role will also be considered.
· Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and people coaching skills
· A self-starter able to work independently. Proactive and resourceful
· Ability to proactively network within the sector and contribute to relevant discussions and debates
· Diligent, persistent with excellent attention to detail
· Passionate about effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
Qualifications, training, and education
Relevant degree or professional qualification
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter