Software Engineer Job, Latest IT Kenyan Jobs 2021,
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that Safaricom PLC hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Safaricom to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a job function within the Safaricom family.
In addition to submitting your resume to an Evergreen Requisition, we encourage you to create a job search agent to be alerted when positions in your areas of interest become available. In the job search agent specify all the geographic locations you would consider.
Reporting to the Product Owners in the respective Business Units, the position holder will be required to develop and publish enterprise solutions using best practice and new technologies including but not limited to web technologies for integration, mobile app, cloud solutions, data and source management adopting Agile in DevOps and team delivery.
- Sound and Quality Delivery – develop, test and document APIs as allocated by the team leader. This includes preparing for CAB sessions, deployment and post go live support for APIs candidate for production promotion
- Design – assist in low level design preparation and validation of high level design as shared by the solution architect
- Analysis – participate in analysis sessions for user stories and requirements and ensure complete user requirements are captured and agreed on
- Research on new fit for future technologies and actively implement the viable solutions
- Understanding of Microservices architectures
- Experience with Java technologies and frameworks mainly Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience in containerization platforms like Kubernetes,docker-swarms or RedHat openshift
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON , Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in UNIX and Windows environments
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed Agile project teams
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system like Apache Kafka ,ActiveMQ,Rabbit MQ or Tibco EMS
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Experience in use of source code management systems like SVN or GIT and build tools like ant, maven, Gradle or make.
- IT, Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT.
- Extensive programming experience using Java J2EE, Spring, Spring boot, SQL, JMS /C++/C# .
- Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development or NoSQL DBs.
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications.
- Experience in Agile Development/software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server, Glassfish and SOA.
- Preferred experience with Linux/AIX OS’s.
- Hands on with Maven build scripts/ Curie moving to Git Hub
- Strong Critical thinkers/ work independent
How to Apply
Apply for the job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.