We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Regional Officer within Security department in Corporate Security Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.Reporting to the Regional Security Manager the position holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of all round- Regional physical and personnel security and emergency management requirements. They will also provide supervision and coordination of provision of security, safety and emergency management related requirements for company facilities, staff and ecosystem partners.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Manage all aspects of physical and personnel security for company facilities and regional staff: Design & plan; Propose; Implement; Manage; Monitor & improve all elements including: –
- Access Control
- Perimeter Security
- Surveillance Systems
- Physical Guarding
- Back-up Response
- Security Escorts
- Event Security
- Network infrastructure security
- Conduct Emergency evacuation drills
- Coordinate fire marshal activities within the region, including their training and daily operations rosters.
- Issue Security updates and advisories to staff
- Provide a single point of contact for staff and all ecosystem partners for security, safety and emergency management.
Undertake the following activities in relation to Security Management operations: –
- Security Sweeps
- Penetration Tests
- Intruder Detection and Alarm Response infrastructure serviceability and Tests
- Ensure all regional security and fire safety infrastructure is serviced and maintained serviceable as per SLA
- Journey management
- Security surveys
- Internal security audits.
- Proactively deal with operational gaps in security and staff safety.
- Operate the regional security control rooms
Liaison & Investigations:
- Investigate, follow-up and resolve security issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets e.g. facilities, network equipment/property, staff, documents etc.
- Assist company & regional staff, through liaison with law enforcement agencies, on resolution of matters that require such intervention.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and sensitize company regional staff on general insecurity trends, personal /residential security awareness
- Coordinate the conduct of bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted Security Risk Management Consultant
- Conduct adhoc security briefings and updates to address contemporary security trends
- Work in close liaison with the Health & Safety Manager where necessary on health & security related investigations.
- Provide a linkage to other business units with other government and county authorities
- Support all LEA elements in the respective regions with necessary liaison
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Apply and continuously review policies, processes and procedures pertaining to Physical and Personnel Security.
- Ensure alignment of Policies and Procedures to ISO standards
- Document and enforce SLA’s with all service providers
Project, Budget & Financial Management:
- Develop inputs into the budgets and forecasts for all physical and personnel security related services for Safaricom facilities in the region.
- Manage the assigned security budget for the respective region and all security related projects.
- Project management of all security related projects within the region.
- Indirect: Manage security personnel seconded by contractors on service provision.