Reporting to the Chief Channels Officer, the position holder will the purpose of the role is to build a digital first and customer first route to customer that drives an unmatched customer experience including developing and ensuring execution of the regional strategy and plans to drive a superior Omni-Channel experience. Achieves commercial sales and growth objectives within the assigned Region supporting Consumer, Fintech, and Enterprise in order to ensure attainment of Mission
- Responsible for the Step change in customer experience by ensuring that the region has the requisite infrastructure to drive customer obsession initiatives to deliver and maintain NPS #1. This will include all physical retail touchpoints (SFC owned and 3rd party managed), network coverage and experience and be the regional Demand Reduction champion.
- Drive execution to fortress the core business which includes accelerating Recruit – Subscriber and customer base (CBU, Fintech & EBU), ensure Availability – (Airtime, Mpesa Float and touchpoints) that enhance usage (RGE/Active base) and Retention of the subscriber and customer base to grow and protect our market share in order to deliver the regional targets.
- Accelerate new business growth areas as identified in Mission but not limited to Fixed (FTTx), FinTech (Lipa na Mpesa, Pochi) and EBU (Micro & Small Enterprise solutions) and other new business areas that the business identifies.
- Take the lead to embed digital at the core including digitizing and automation of the regional operations.
- Embed Route to Customer operating model (B2B and B2C) including the management of the 3rd party partners to ensure execution of agreed initiatives in line with Mission in the respective Region.
- Ensures implementation of activities relating to front line marketing to ensure consistent growth of market share and activity.
- Creates key partnerships to ensures delivery of Joint Business Plans that drive achievement of the Region Mission
- Set up partnerships to drive franchising in the assigned Region
- Forge and leverage on partnerships at Regional level to expand and enhance the distribution infrastructure
- Responsible for the existing infrastructure in the region, and for the smart Network rollout plan
- Ensure network expansion and effective distribution in the Region
- Act as a key representative / liaison of Safaricom within the region with key stakeholders such as private and public sector officials, staff, non-governmental organizations, customers, etc.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional team(Territory Business Leads, Route to Customer Execution, Trade Marketing, Financial Services, HR and Technology) to deliver Regional business goals
- Drive a zero harm agenda in the assigned Region
- Grow RWA – Ready Willing Able in respective region
- Grow digital maturity index and ensure compliance of development plans
- Embed coaching as a way of execution to deliver set performance targets