Principal Engineer – Backbone Transmission Planning Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya June,
We are pleased to announce the position of Principal Engineer – Backbone Transmission Planning in the Network Engineering within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager- Transmission & IP Engineering, the position holder will be responsible for management of TNP Team involved in Modeling, Planning, design, optimization and project management of reliable transport systems /networks in support of timely transmission requirements.
- Management of Modeling and planning of Transmission systems/network and respective capacity planning and analysis (DWDM, SDH Optics).
- Equipment planning and subsequent Transmission hub and BSS space management.
- Ensure Network build with 70% occupancy and 30% growth factor.
- Project management of Transmission projects from inception of plans to Projects handover to NM and management of transmission systems/equipment suppliers.
- Ensuring equipment space and power availability for planned systems.
- Ensure PO process is followed through, goods landed in time and RFI/S issued to right departments.
- Running of transmission/transport trials, equipment/system parameter checks and evaluation and subsequent recommendations for approval and adoption of new equipment, systems and technologies into the network.
- Ensuring Due diligence in products introduction to network.
- Liaison with Implementation department during site surveys and visits to ensure timely monthly rollout in accordance to timeframes set in Roll out process.
- Approval of transmission designs and plans for required bandwidth.
- Approval of leased bandwidth capacities or Tx facilities from third parties.
- Ensure proper test gears to subject new equipment to full suite of compliance tests.
- Ensure monitoring of all network elements is achieved.
- Ensure TX team is adequately trained to perform expected duties.