Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Job, Latest It Jobs In Kenya,
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer – (22000721)
We are pleased to announce the vacancy of a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Team Lead Infrastructure Operations & Security Remediations, the position holder shall implement and support Core IT infrastructure including the Cloud computing, data centers, operating systems, servers, storage, SAN, backups, collocation, and collaboration systems such as email and Teams.
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Solid understanding of AWS Cloud
- Maintaining Cloud OPEX & related CAPEX within Budget
- Administration, configuration and troubleshooting of SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and patching.
- Collaborating with the team and various stakeholders to identify technical problems, design solutions for them and help implement where required. This involves collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff
- Operations of backup tools, respective hardware and software assurance and testing of disk and data recovery. In case of issues offer prompt restoration of lost data for the business.
- Remediation of Security, Compliance and Audit Issues within the Cloud & Core Infrastructure
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.
Functional & Technical/ Skills:
- Technical design assessment and evaluation, risk-based Quality Assurance in web-scale environments
- University Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- 5+ Years’ Experience as Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed Windows, UNIX/Linux server environment
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage.
- Experience in enterprise SAN/NAS storage and SAN Directors management.
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- Cloud Technology Associate
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Security & Governance
- Cloud Service Manager
- Certified in Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
- Cloud Architect,
- Virtualized Infrastructure Specialist
- Network certification e.g. CCNA, CCNP
- UNIX/Linux certification e.g. VCP
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Application closes on Dec 6, 2022