We are pleased to announce the position of an Infrastructure Operations Systems Engineer in the Digital IT within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Team Lead Infrastructure Operations & Security Remediations, the position holder will be responsible for System support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom Linux/UNIX based servers, NAS/SAN Storage and SAN Directors. This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, SAN management, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
- Incidents and problem resolution
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers based on UNIX/Linux and Virtualization. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues;
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Service Excellence
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Systems Maintenance and SLA Support
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Backup and Recovery
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery;
- Provide solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Backup, hardware and software assurance.
- Projects Implementation and Reporting
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.