Fixed Planning and Optimization Engineer Job, Kenyan Engineering Job Vacancies,
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Network Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below. Brief Description
Reporting to the Manager Fixed Planning and Optimization, the position holder will be responsible for Planning, design verification, ground survey and material inspection, Optimization of FTTH Network Infrastructure and Rollout, Budgeting, Capex administration & Project cost management. Database Management, documentation and process improvement.
- Delivery of timely and quality Transmission Solutions on Fiber and GPON technology. Plans to be done as per the project schedule and with the correct dimensioning of capacity thresholds, availability and reliability.
- Delivery of resilient FTTH Transmission Solutions and plans to meet current, medium and as well as long term requirements
- Compilation of topology maps, schematics, Google earth routes, building entry points & floor plans in GIS formats.
- Maintenance of an accurate database for above plans.
- Plan and Oversee resources to conduct accurate site surveys and implementation plans that ensures timely implementation as per the project timelines
- Optimal design and implementation of plans that save on CAPEX as well as Nopex.
- Compile and validate all internal requests and incorporate them into the project design
- Budget estimation and project prioritization to meet Business requirements, Capex budget justifications.
- Review of BOQs against the designs for Fiber to the Home and Node for Street Wi-Fi solutions.
- Cost reconciliation for projects from Business Case Assumptions, CRFs, As built status
- Monitoring capacity threshold per route in line with set KPIs (70%) booking on Links, fibre cores and Ducts
- Reliability of planned design to achieve accurate, timely and economical plans e.g. performance of link against link design specs once built
- Liaise with implementation and support teams to ensure rollout follows the design and meets both the business and engineering specifications
- Database management, Documentation and process improvements:
- Ensuring (overall ownership) of accurate, up-to date database documentation on network planning, design and implementation in addition to capacity planning, fiber core provisioning In Cell base, Map info, Google Earth, NQMS, OSP Insight etc.
- Recommend changes and champion database improvement with OSS and other stakeholders
- Keeping accurate and current infrastructure database
- Adhere to the existing processes in work flow management.
- Learn/research on new technologies/practices in FTTH field
- Evaluate Reliability and cost effectiveness of trials introduced in the network and their ability to keep up with emerging technologies.
- Running of trials and subsequent recommendations for approval
- Development of design principles to guide future deployment