We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated belowDetailed Description
Reporting to the Manager- Fixed Customer Support, the position holder will perform daily 2nd Level customer support, customer installations, service provisioning and partner operations for Fixed customers and resolution of 1st Line escalations within SLA in order to achieve and surpass Customer experience expectation for Safaricom Fixed Business by ensuring service requests are fulfilled within defined OLA’s/SLA’s for quality service delivery.
- Accept and resolve escalations from 1st line support, partners and any other stakeholders and deal with customers issues raised on email/phone.
- Customer focused with a professional outward attitude.
- Troubleshoot, follow up, resolve and Analyze Ethernet /GPON and wireless access network issues by closely coordinating with the relevant stakeholders and report on support performance.
- Support Fixed customers on Internal LAN troubleshooting and offer alternative solutions in line with emerging Technologies such as IoT, content platforms, SMART home technologies, Managed P/WAN services.
- Engage with Business Team & Partners on the ground to understand the challenges with Customer services & deployed Networks and close the gaps either working with one’s own team or cross-functional verticals.
- Strategize in coordination with different stakeholders to bring down the Customer complaint ratios/Demand Consistently.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures in all operations.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- Perform Daily Fixed partner performance tracking and reporting.
- Continuously review and recommend customer solutions to maximize service availability
- Anticipate potential problems and proactively give suggestions to Partners/Internal Teams in areas like process adherence, technology up-gradation/ optimization, better service delivery and Automation.
- Ensure Partner satisfaction by responding to all escalations regarding Deliveries & Fault Rectification.
- Oversee Fixed Customer solutions partners and effectively liaise with subject matter experts’ level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix complex customer issues.
- Deal with escalations from all Fixed Customer solutions stakeholders and progressively update them on resolution activities and technical customer experience initiatives.
- Troubleshoot with vendors to resolve and proactively capture customer issues.
- Perform network and customer field visits to ensure and sustain quality GPON network infrastructure.
- Capacity monitoring and reporting on Fixed Customer solutions ISP network resources.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support of all Fixed Customer solutions customers.
- Perform root cause analysis on all incidents and problems to avoid recurrence and issuance of incident reports on the same to home stakeholders.
- Deliver excellence in Fixed Customer management by continuously training both partners, Dispatch and 1st line support teams on troubleshooting skills and best practices.
- Proactive communication of service outages, network changes and progressively update stakeholders during faulting.
- Continuously review and improve on the existing processes to benchmark on best practices and ensure adherence.
- Address technical issues on the ground. (Capability to handle operational & technical issue)
- Tracking and reporting on Fixed Inventory managements.
- Communication with Management Team on weekly achievements/ targets/ concerns.
- Comply and enforce Health & Safety standards and provide weekly reports EHS.
- Flexibility to undertake works outside core working hours.