Engineer, Metro Rollout and Coverage Planning Job, Latest Kenyan Engineering Jobs,
Engineer-Metro Rollout & Coverage Planning – (22000234)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Engineer-Metro Rollout & Coverage Planning within Technology. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager- Metro Rollout & Coverage Planning, the position holder is responsible for the planning and design of Metro Fibre to support both Regional, Internal and External Customers.
- Engage current and potential customers to understand the demand for Metro Fibre for upcoming Fibre connectivity requirements within Safaricom
- Forecast Fibre capacity requirements both for the short and medium-term
- Ensure Fibre networks are designed and deployed to agreed standards
- Engage Vendors/Contractors in the planning and design of optical metro networks to support customer requirements
- Release metro network plans to cater for the next 1-2 years.
- Develop and seek approval of efficient design methodology and tools for Fibre networks to ensure high availability and cost efficiency in Maintenance
- Drive innovation in Fibre design and deployment in line with the best practices worldwide
- Develop and maintain the standards and processes to be used in Fibre deployment
- Enforce standards in the materials used in networks deployment to ensure optimum QoS and network lifespan
- Maintain deployment standards that ensure high availability and resiliency
- OHS standards enforcement during deployment of Fibre networks in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Share Fibre network footprint with customer departments within technology and business units to enable them to integrate other network elements and enable them to commercialize the Fibre network
- TCO analysis for Major CAPEX investments to ensure that it is in line with CAPEX strategy in the business.
- Drive OPEX Savings initiatives
- Keep up-to-date documentation on fibre route plans
- First Degree in Engineering with a strong Fibre telecoms content.
- 3 years of experience in GIS-based Fibre network design and at least one year in Fibre projects deployment
- Familiar with the ROW acquisition process
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Certifications in Project Management will be an added advantage
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the link below. Remember to attach your resume.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.