Core Network Support Engineer (Packet Core) Job, Latest IT Jobs In Kenya,
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy Core Network Support Engineer – Packet Core within Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Core Network Data, the position holder will be responsible for operation, maintenance, optimization, automation, transformation, implementation & support of Mobile Core Network equipment and services, with emphasis on packet core.
- Responsible for implementation, Operation and Maintenance of EPC network elements: SGSN/MME, GGSN/PGW/SGW, PCRF, DNS, EPSN for 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and IOT networks.
- Integration of RAN systems: BSC, RNC, eNodeB, gNodeB,etc to the core network.
- Integration to downstream systems: Billing, HLR/HSS Datacom Nes: CGNAT, Firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Implementation of new technologies and services in the Packet Core network e.g NBIOT, voWiFi, VoBB, VoLTE,etc.
- Perform packet tracing and complex logs analysis for Packet Core Nodes in the 2G,3G,4G & 5G EPC domains.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skill is required to solve the customer issues before involving to the equipment vendor/manufacturers.
- Proactive maintenance and monitoring of key network and system to ensure adherence to KPI agreements.
- Configuration management and strict adherence to underlying governance structures.
- Perform BCP exercises and documentation as per BCP calendar.
- Develop and implement predictive analysis to avert system faults/incidents.
- Fault/incident resolution within SLA while adherence to underlying governance.
- Assist with the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Works with Business Agile teams and technology teams to determine if Core Network infrastructure and applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex Core network issues affecting customer experience
- Operates and optimizes Core Network Packet Core to improve customer data experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related certification.
- Generally requires 3-5 years related experience.
- Hands-on knowledge in the following areas:
- Packet Core components in 2/3/4/5G:SGSN/MME, GGSN/PGW/SGW, PCRF.
- Telco Cloud implementations of EPC using virtualized network functions, cloud- network functions, physical network functions.
- Strong telecommunication callflow know-how in IP,LTE ePC, 5G, NBIOT.
- VoLTE/VoWiFi/VoBB callflow and applications.
- Practical (testing, troubleshooting, application) knowledge of above technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in using various test, packet capture and measurement equipment.
- Basic knowledge of linux administration.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.