At Safaricom, we’re passionate about transforming lives. As a dynamic community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate and aim to be a digital-first, insights-led organisation that enables platforms and ecosystem partnerships. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive and make a real difference.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a senior global business leader, a Brand and Marketing Director, with a solid marketing background and work experience managing a large marketing portfolio who shall provide strategic leadership, from a market and product perspective to the overall Safaricom Brand, which include M-PESA, Safaricom Business, and Safaricom Foundation.
- Brand custodian responsible to ensure conformity with the published guidelines and defined brand architecture. Lead in any changes, developments and innovations required in the guidelines.
- Championing brand equity
- Manage the agency creative development process Safaricom to ensure delivery of above the line, and below the line advertising materials for execution.
- Take lead in the review and optimization of the advertising charter and contract with Safaricom from time-to-time.
- Management of research and integrated media communications agency to deliver to strategy on Brand.
- Oversee internal coordination of advertising and promotional briefs to deliver world class advertising with regards to brand, brand assets, sponsorships, Safaricom Foundation, and all internal departments.
- Champion standardization, negotiation and driving down of production costs directly related to advertising production in concert with procurement.
- Embed and drive the understanding of consumer motivation and identification of opportunities that will unlock growth for the business
- Champion and drive world class consumer understanding and insights that will drive growth using a variety of best practice and processes
- Putting the consumers at the heart of everything, actively inspire and influence Research and product teams to ensure they ingrain consumer feedback/insights in the brand/product strategy and marketing activities to maximize effectiveness and profitability
- Global & Kenya liaison for Research and customer insights
- Understand the value of M&E to the research agenda and to the brand/products’ performance and its fit into the brand/product planning process.
- Champion the search and spin of knowledge, information and ideas that will make M&E a creative process that appeals to brand/product teams
- Continually challenge the processes and procedures for current supply service levels/ challenging convention
- Talent management and staff development initiatives proposed and implemented annually. Develop and execute initiatives to build and maintain team cohesion and engagement
Key performance indicators:
- Ensuring Safaricom advertising and Communication resonates and delivers world class material and execution and positively contributes to the brand image hence delivering the brand promise.
- Positively impact brand health metrics of brand love, brand consideration, net promoter score, etc.
- Champion brand conformity as well as the understanding of the brand framework across the organization. Excellent brand and product positioning
- Monitoring and reporting on the OPEX budget, maximizing efficacy and efficiency of spend.
- Review approaches affecting brand equity targets as set by the business. Measure and increase brand equity across targeted customer segments.
- Ensure and maximize ROI with regards to Agency performance, production, and resourcing level
- Management (design and execution) of key brand initiatives ensuring the Safaricom Corporate and brand Advertising portfolio:
- Oversee co-ordination of internal or external advertising and promotional material ensuring clear and consistent communication is delivered to the customer.
- Pioneering of new ways to connect with customers and analyze different data sources