Agile Coach Job, Current Administration Jobs In Kenya,
Agile Coach – (22000313)
Agile Studio is a Centre of Excellence with strong leadership alignment designed to enable the realization of the benefits of Safaricom’s Agile transformation. We focus on coaching for performance to transform our products, experiences, processes, technology, and ways of working to deliver customers unrivalled experience of exceptional service, value, and sustainability.
Are you a person who can provide the passion and the drive to coach, enable teams and leaders to deliver high quality and customer centric outcomes?
Agile Coaches are change agents with a passion for coaching and empowering teams. As an experienced coach, you will work with medium to large Tribes, comprised of multiple Squads to help build and reinforce the Agile mindset and to embed Agile principles in the day to day work. Your work will also include ensuring cross-functional collaboration is achieved and that key stakeholders are engaging as needed, establishing the MVP mindset, Agile technical practices and supporting prioritization using value-focused OKR’s to deliver Mission.
- Assess and enhance Squad agility and maturity: Use metrics in decision making; Own Agile maturity assessments and results to develop coaching backlog; Engaging with Tribe leadership and individual Squad members to identify opportunities to improve performance; Provide agile training and capability for squad members to enhance their Agile capability development.
- Provide coaching, guidance and deliver complex interventions: Intervening when problems are detected and enabling targeted action; Delivering hands-on training and coaching of individual Squads in lean and Agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban); Challenging existing processes and facilitating improvement practices, bringing a continuous improvement and MVP mindset.
- Enable Tribe and Squads performance and continuous improvement, supporting the realization of their mission and delivery of OKRs: Being an agent of change across the Tribe; Support tribe ceremonies e.g. Big Room Planning, Monthly Tribe Review and Retrospective; Coach Squad and Tribe to manage stakeholders and remove impediments; Ensuring Squads and Tribes interact with dependent stakeholders effectively (e.g., with Senior Leadership, Tribe Leads, Tribe Tech Leads, Product Owners & Chapter Leads) Enabling and coaching on the continuous improvement of tribe operating model to get value from Tribe ceremonies
- Act as liaison between Agile Studio Center of Excellence and the Tribe: Supporting Agile Studio CoE’s mission and engaging with other Agile coaches and key stakeholders in driving agile capability. Improving Safaricom Agile Blueprint and bringing Agile Studio CoE improvements back to the tribe e.g. Agile technical practices. Supporting continuous improvement and best practices in interaction model between tribes, CoEs and Agile Studio CoE.
- Enable the Organization’s new ways of working: Modelling behaviors to support the organization’s transformation to a new way of working. Curating a culture supportive of continued agile learning, transparency and empowerment.
- Living agile culture and values and spreading your passion for them among other teams
- Being an Agile role model: you work collaboratively, you show courage, you take responsibility, you have confidence, you speak out, you are creative, and you simplify
- Communicating with senior stakeholders and diverse teams, being credible and proactive, understanding group dynamics, and driving change
- Collecting, analyzing, and presenting qualitative & quantitative information
- Understanding, structuring, and clearly presenting complex problems
- Managing work in a highly dynamic environment with concurrent & competing priorities
- Excelling in commitment and integrity and being therefore a trusted person for the team
- Having a “do it, try it, fix it” mentality and you ask that of others
- Knowing how to quickly adapt to a new dynamic environment
- Interacting with others with excellent people management skills: listening, motivating, observing, giving and receiving feedback to help individuals and teams grow
- Good understanding of Technology and Business domains
- Deep understanding of agile ways of working, principles and culture
- Exceptional communications and stakeholder management skills
- Strong initiative and sense of leadership, experience leading teams and enabling change
- Experience working in collaboration with technical and functional areas
- Deep understanding of agile software delivery and DevOps culture including extensive experience with JIRA / Confluence and remote collaboration tools e.g. Mural/Miro
- Agile Certifications, preferably Scrum.org (Professional Scrum Master, Professional Product Owner, Professional Scrum Developer) or Scrum Alliance (Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner) or PMI (PMI ACP)
What is in it for you
The sky is truly the limit. The Agile coaching market has been growing rapidly because of the mainstream adoption of Agile. It depends on what you want to invest your time in doing and aligning your efforts with your strengths to define your agile learning and career trajectory:
- You could work with large and small organizations around the world as an in-house Agile coach or consultant; there are lots of opportunities within the market for such a role.
- You could be working with teams within the organization to transform them into high-performing and cultivate Agile environments that unleash their creativity and passion.
- You could be invested in helping individuals as they progress through their craft to focus on outcomes or you could be working with executive leadership of the organization to achieve high performance and mission.
- You could adapt to a Technical or Product craft based on the exposure to dive in these domains.
- You could become a coach for coaches. Actively helping them on their journey as a coach and blending coaching and mentorship to help them reach their highest potential.
In summary, this invaluable experience would empower you to work with individuals across the organization, from cross-functional teams, tribes, Centers of Excellence all the way through to coaching executive C-suite individuals at multi-national organizations.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.