Coater Operator (Mariakani) Job, LatestEngineering Jobs In Kenya,
COATER OPERATOR (Mariakani)
Main purpose of the position:
Operate the Color Coating Line Coater section in accordance to company standards and procedures.
a. Routine/Direct: Executing Coater room operations
b. Functional/Indirect: Working as a team with other Color Coating Line operators to achieve the required coils quality.
- Inspect pick-up and applicator rolls to avoid production of painted coils with defects originating from coater rooms.
- Inspect incoming coils to avoid damages on applicator rolls.
- Clean chemical and paint coaters.
- Identify the correct paint according to operation requirements or as requested by line supervisor.
- Check paint properties and liaise with Quality Inspectors for correction if necessary.
- Ensure timely readiness of the chemical and paint solution after stoppages and during program changes.
- Ensuring there is sufficient paint in the tray and that paint is recirculating as required.
- Remove empty paint drums from the coater rooms and disposal of used cotton rags and thinner in accordance to disposal procedure.
- Preparation of chemical & paint coater.
- Ensure paint application in accordance with operation parameters with the right WFT, DFT.
- Liaise with the Quality Inspector for results and roll adjustment.
- Inspect coating progress and correct defects.
- Operate the control desk at the coater room according to the procedure.
- Feed the process parameters into the SCADA as required.
- Report all faults as pertaining to Coaters section or any other section of the line.
- Ensure the material is pre-treated using the recommended procedure before paint is applied.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping at coaters section.
- Fill in the operation parameters as specified in the coater room logbook.
- Participate in strip breakage recovery.
- Participate in line start-up and shut-down activities.
- Train on Entry and Exit sections as may be required for multi-skilling.
- Conduct additional activities as may be assigned by CCL Production Supervisor.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines, safe work practice and good housekeeping (Wear provided PPEs at all times).
- Have a keen observation to CO2 fire suppression system and respond as per emergency plan put in place.
- Minimum academic qualification: Minimum Form 4 Level
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Craft Certificate in mechanical, electrical or paint process exposure
- General work experience (years): Min: 6 months in a manufacturing industry
Key competencies and skills:
- No medical conditions e.g. not allergic to paints
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Team player.
- Flexible and willing to work as instructed.
- Able to communicate appropriately.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.