Ramogi TV News Producer Job, Media Job Vacancies in Kenya,
Royal Media Services Limited is the leading media house in Eastern Africa. It is home to award winning talent and products. To strengthen our position and align our products with emerging trends, we are looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of News Producer. The jobholder will be responsible for generating TV news content and enforcing editorial quality control.
Position roles and responsibilities
- The person will be the key driver for the news content. They will be charged with the following roles and responsibilities;
- Generate news and feature stories for RMS TV stations and other platforms
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the news desk
- Assign duties to reporters and correspondents
- Monitor news-based content
- Structure the day’s news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings.
- Guide county correspondents on coverage and packaging of news items
- Edit news items from reporters and correspondents
- Generate feature stories coverage plan
- Ensure quality of news content
- Ensure news balance, factuality, accuracy and adherence to the company editorial policy
Academic qualifications, experience and other attributes
- University degree in Communication or another related field from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom (Print or Broadcasting) two of which must be in a senior position.
Skills and personal attributes
- Impeccable command of Dholuo, English and Kiswahili languages
- Strong writing and news editing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news and widely knowledgeable. Pays attention to detail
- Sound understanding of the local political and media landscape
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
- High degree of integrity
How To Apply
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to [email protected]
. Clearly cite Job REF No. HRD/NP/09/2021 as the email subject matter.
Closing date will be Friday 17th September 2021.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.