Radio Presenter Communication Jobs at Wimarwo FM
WIMWARO FM is seeking to fill the position of a presenter/radio news reader. If you believe you have what it takes to fill the above position, take time and read through and apply.
Radio Presenter Job Responsibilities
- To sub-edit copy from reporters/correspondents & Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and reports.
- Generating ideas for stories, features
- Pitching story ideas to editors.
- Developing and maintaining local contacts.
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly
- Moderating talk shows
- Research, plan and develop on air content, ideas and concepts.
- On air presentation/continuity and acting on feedback from listeners.
- Write broadcasting reports (program schedule) and execute commercial logs
- Music research, identifying and propose music that should be incorporated into the station sound.
- Carry out outside broadcasting/Road shows.
- Attend functions on behalf of the station.
- Receiving briefs from clients/ marketers/ supervisor and executing accordingly.
- Scripting, recording, packaging and producing station features
- Present, project and maintain the values of the station
- Creatively create and execute on air gaming elements
- Develop new segments in line with the business strategy.
Qualifications for the Radio Presenter Job
- A diploma in Journalism & mass communication from a reputable institution.
- A University degree in journalism / mass communication or related field from a recognized university.
- At least 2 years experience in relevant areas
- Must be innovative and creative
- Have a good command of Kiembu language.
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Ability to moderate a talk show
- Ability to work odd hours
- Clear understanding of media laws and ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must have a nose for news, broad and strategic thinker and pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust, and loyalty.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, Application Letter to [email protected] by 10th November, 2017 clearly indicating on the subject, JOB REF NO –HRD-WFMRP-11-2017. The letter should be addressed to;
THE HR DIRECTOR
ROYAL MEDIA SERVICES
PO BOX 7468-00300
Hard copies applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.