Risk & Compliance Officer Jobs, Latest Audit Jobs, Strathmore University Jobs
Position: Risk & Compliance Officer
Department: Internal Audit and Compliance
Reporting to: Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance
The job holder will be responsible for conducting compliance reviews on the implementation and operational effectiveness of the Risk Management Policies in the University, analysing areas of potential risk and making appropriate recommendations.
- To implement compliance risk management plans and advice managers on the practical application of relevant regulatory requirements.
- To monitor control mechanisms implemented as part of the risk management process and assess the operational effectiveness.
- To coordinate and provide training programs related to specific risk management areas as required and guide users where necessary.
- To conduct and document compliance risk assessments for each function in the business unit to ascertain compliance with risk management policy, standard operating procedures and set guidelines.
- To manage business risks to ensure opportunities are proactively leveraged and advice the Risk and Compliance Manager accordingly.
- To coordinate with Departmental Heads on updating the risk register and tracking closure of action plans.
- To develop an operational risk database and update compliance reports periodically to maintain the agreed benchmarks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), (CISA) or Risk Management will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in Risk Management in a medium to large sized organization.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the academic industry dynamics
- Strong Analytical and Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- People Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- High Level of Integrity
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Risk and Compliance Officer” on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th March 2020.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.