Risk Management And Compliance Officer Job, Latest Finance Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Risk Management And Compliance Officer
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract Full Time
Location : Nairobi.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards becoming a market leader in sustainable development, incorporating more pillars within our program and expanding beyond Nairobi. Therefore, KCIC has grown to include investments by Kenya Climate Ventures, the roll out of the AgriBiz Program, KCIC Consulting, Center for Governance and Sustainability and Special Projects Unit. KCIC is now implementing an Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program will be to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
With the expansion of the organization, KCIC is looking for a Risk Management and Compliance Officer to provide support to KICIC group in the Risk Management process within the group.
The Risk Management and Compliance Officer will be responsible for providing support in the establishment of an effective risk assessment and risk management activities within the KCIC Group. Specifically, he/she will provide technical support in the development and implementation of a robust risk management framework aimed at ensuring security of companies’ assets, protection of the rights of beneficiaries, stakeholders and compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. In addition, he/she will conduct compliance reviews on the implementation and operational effectiveness of KCIC’s Risk Management Policy, analyzing areas of potential risk and making appropriate recommendations.
- Will work closely with the Internal Auditor to ensure implementation of the recommendation of the consultant, external auditor and those of the Board’s Audit and Risk Committee;
- Develop and implement a risk management framework for KCIC group to ensure all aspects of the Group’s operations are in line with relevant regulations;
- In liaison with the management team, facilitate the embedding of the risk assessment in planning and decision making through developing and monitoring of key risk appetite metrics and risk indicators;
- Ensuring that there is regular updating of risk register for the KCIC group, including progress towards implementing the risk mitigation actions;
- Provide support to managers in analysing and strengthening existing processes on risk & compliance issues and on maintaining an effective internal control environment to support operational efficiency;
- Work with the staff to ensure that the use of all KCIC group resources is in conformity with strategic plans/project plans, current policies and procedures, and donor funding agreements and requirements;
- Ensure that there are adequate internal control systems with clear accountabilities, including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight processes and techniques, tools, processes to support their implementation;
- Conduct regular and ad hoc risk assessments within KCIC group to identify and evaluate risks, assess effectiveness of the internal controls, and assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities as well as compliance of the organization on statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Continuously assess and evaluate risks and identify mitigation mechanisms;
- Conduct and document compliance risk assessments for each function within KCIC group to ascertain compliance with risk management policy, standard operating procedures and set guidelines;
- Develop and prepare a comprehensive risk information packs to share with external stakeholders such as the board, donors, and partners;
- Coordinate and provide training programs related to specific risk management areas within KCIC group for its staff as well as KCIC clients;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices with respect to compliance and risk management for the Group’s operations and make recommendations;
- Responsible for regulatory compliance management including monitoring and reporting on changes to applicable statutes and
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance or any other related field from a recognised University;
- A Master’s Degree in related field will be an added advantage;
- Relevant Professional qualification, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Finalist or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), (CISA) or Risk Management;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Risk Management and Compliance with knowledge of current best practices and trends;
- At least three (3) years’ experience with donor funded organization;
- Ability to be forward thinking and use technology and other modern tools to support decision making and implementation;
- Creativity and innovation skills;
- Strong Analytical and Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- High Level of Integrity
- Critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Quality focus and attention to detail;
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to email@example.com. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer