K MR /7 (K) Vacancy No. FN-025-11-2019
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
- Oversee the trackers retention activities
- Continuously Assess retention rates per participant per tracker and support as needed
- Consult with management and take lead in the Multi-disciplinary team meeting
- Keep track of the transport reimbursement log and oversee update as needed in liaison with reception
- Provide timely reports and solutions to gaps.
- Track and do summary report of all missed visits and tracing efforts
- Confirm and address participant relocation
- Engage with stakeholder i.e. School administration, parents, student and peers to foster retention of participants
- Review and update retention SOP as needed
- Review retention strategy in consultation with the team
- Retention incentives procurement and distribution
- Time to time community engagement, school retention club and health talk
- Link with parents, participants and clinic
- Work hand in hand with the CLO and lead clinic person in addressing any retention matters regarding participants
- Develop training materials and Mentorship of study staff
- Identifies gaps and issues that require attention and channels them appropriately.
- Ensures privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the study coordinator
- Works in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
- Diploma in nursing – Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN).
- Must be registered with the Nursing officer’s council of Kenya.
- Extensive experience working in Research
- Experience and interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work with others to resolve challenges.
- Strong communication, training, leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Two years working experience as community tracker or related function
- Work experience working in a clinical set up and Good documentation skills with high attention to detail
- Commitment to integrity and high-quality performance
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Keen and attentive to detail
- Ability to task-shift
- Ability to work independently, team player, good communicator, respectful, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and proactive
- Articulate in both verbal and written communication in English and Swahili. Luo speakers have an added advantage.
- Computer literacy
- Counselling skills
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
How To Apply
All applications to be done through email [email protected]
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.