Research Assistant Jobs In Kenya, Other Professions, KEMRI Jobs
Position: Research Assistant (6 positions) KMR 7
Location: Vihiga County
Duration: 8 month
Reports to: Study Coordinator
The position holder will work with a project coordinator and will draw support from a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team.
- Work closely with study investigators to plan, deliver and report quantitative and qualitative research activities
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from a variety of sources
- Assist with data quality checks, data management and storage for field research activities
- Help maintain an electronic repository of evidence from qualitative and quantitative research activities including ensuring regular cleaning, backups and archiving;
- Comply with policies on ethical conduct of Research and human subjects protections
- Prepare individual work progress reports
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with experience, which may be assigned from time to
- Degree in a relevant healthcare discipline including social sciences
- Two years’ post-graduate work experience in a relevant research-related position
- Experience in qualitative research methods is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to interact with study participants in a culturally sensitive manner
- Familiarity with electronic data collection tools is an added advantage
- Well-developed troubleshooting capacity and clarity of thought
- Strong organization skills to meet tight deadlines
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment and with multi- disciplinary teams
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
How to Apply
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to [email protected] to be received not later than December 16, 2019.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.