Reporting to the Principal Institutional Research Officer, the holder of this position will be responsible for data collection, management and analysis; preparation of data analysis reports and managing office of institutional research projects.
Performs data collection, management and analysis tasks
- Prepare program questionnaires on Survey Monkey and other software programs;
- Collect data using a variety of methods including but not limited to field data; collection, telephone surveys, mobile phone applications surveys and online surveys
- Coordinate field surveys;
- Perform data cleaning and preparation of code books;
- Prepare and labels data files in different statistical software formats for analysis and reporting;
- Perform data analysis for the different collected surveys, mined and collated data;
- Perform data mining for different stakeholders from the data warehouse;
- Prepare timely and accurate institutional data reports;
- Assist in the design of the comprehensive data warehouse system and data visualization platform for housing periodic reports;
- Assist with drafting and editing of project reports and methodological reports as assigned.
Acts as Project Coordinator for Institutional research projects as assigned.
- Prepare timelines for assigned projects;
- Assist with budget preparation and budget revisions for assigned projects;
- Maintain communication with clients on survey progress;
- Submit brief, written reports on project progress each week to the supervisor and reports on project progress, needs, and plans at weekly project scan meetings;
- Maintain communication with project teams using e-mail and team meetings as needed;
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that projects stay within budget;
- Support in identification of consultancy opportunities for the office of institutional research that will generate income (as a fundraising activity for the university);
- Coordinate with the Principal Institutional Research Officer regarding scheduling or resource problems affecting timely completion of assigned projects and any issues affecting survey quality.
Responsible for institutional research office administration including
- Filing of office documents;
- Raising requisitions;
- Renewal of Membership registration and software licenses;
Allocate tasks and coordinate research assistants and data entry clerks;
May occasionally be assigned to other tasks at the discretion of the Director University Advancement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or any related field with bias in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- At least two years’ work experience in an educational environment.
- Experience in programming and data analysis.
- Knowledge of at least two quantitative and qualitative statistical software programs.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project.
- Understanding of statistical techniques for the social sciences.
- Knowledge of statistical computing platforms.
- Project management skills.
- Statistical computing/ programming skills with at least two statistical software programs.
Competencies & Skills
- Ability to work with modern office computer software programs.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and highly-disciplined
- Good listening and mediation skills
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Decision making skills
How To Apply
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, January 3, 2020.
Director of Administration,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.