Regional Sales Manager Jobs, Latest Sales & Marketing Jobs, Telkom Kenya Jobs,
Position: Regional Sales Manager (2 positions),
Regions: I) Eastern II) Nyanza,
Reporting to: Head of Sales & Distribution,
Department: Mobile Sales,
Business Context & Main Purpose of the Role
Driving the Sales & Distribution of Telkom products & services (SIMs, Airtime, Tkash, Devices) within the region in a profitable manner via:
- Management of Channel Partners with respect to targets, operations, infrastructure and ROI;
- Effective management of the region’s core Sales Force: Area Sales Managers, Trade Development Reps & Trade Marketing Team;
- Leading Site-based initiatives & Point Of Purchase (POP) engagement (to ensure outstanding brand presence & optimization of the Telkom Network); &
- Providing an oversight role for the COCO (Company Owned-Company Operated) Telkom shops in the region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To achieve the Sales (Revenue) targets of the region.
- To achieve Customer Base targets via acquisition drives & supporting HQ-led Trade Marketing & Brand Activities.
- To achieve Site Profitability targets within the region via Site-based activities & programs.
- To prepare & implement the Infrastructure blue print for the region to ensure full market coverage.
- To undertake Channel Partner Relationship management to ensure sustainable business practices and profitability (ROI).
- To oversee and drive the people capability agenda across all levels – TKL staff (Field & Retail), Third Party Staff and Partner Staff.
- To ensure customer expectations regarding standard of services & product knowledge are met, both in TKL Stores & in Partners stores
- To monitor the activities of competition and to prepare counter action plans.
- To build interfaces & relations with other departments to drive overall Telkom agenda in the region: Finance, Logistics, Marketing
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in sales, distribution and customer service and relationship management, including 2-3 years in a similar position
- Experience in Telecommunication / ICT industries and good understanding of these services and solutions are preferred
- Sales skills: ability to build good customer relationships at all levels
- Management / flexibility : Experienced in managing, developing and motivating a sales team
- Team-work / collaboration : must be a strong team player with a commitment to value-based leadership
- Initiative & pro-activity : must be self-driven, energetic, resourceful, creative, and possess strong leadership skills
- Influence & persuasion : ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company
How To apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 22/05/2020, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through [email protected] for and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.