Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Employer: Village Enterprise
Industry: Nonprofit/International Development/Social Entrepreneurship
Function: Program management, operations support
Job Title: Regional Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Kenya Country Director
Contract: Full Time, 2 years with opportunity to extend
Start Date: October/November 2020
Location: Kitale Office
Village Enterprise is an innovative micro enterprise development organization working in East Africa to reduce poverty with the following mission – “*To end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation.”* Village Enterprise provides business training, seed capital/start-up funds and mentoring to entrepreneurs annually to start new businesses.
Village Enterprise Regional Manager (RM) is a passionate highly dynamic, technically capable and strong leader. The RM provides direct oversight and management of the Field Associates in the Region, represents Village Enterprise’s interest at the regional and government level, and must additional responsibilities in a higher level when called upon. The organization prides itself on supportive, positive management, and the RM is core to this culture within Village Enterprise.
Key Result Areas
Operations Implementation Management
Project Implementation Management
Cross-functional Team Coordination
Human Resources and Administration
Financial Oversight and Control
Assist with other Functional Teams
Safeguarding: “Safeguarding at VE is everyone’s responsibility”
· University degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum three (3) years working in management of development programs for an international organization.
· Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
· Demonstrate experience in managing projects and planning.
· An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of individuals and personalities.
· Excellence in IT skills, proficient in Google suite and related resources relevant for communication, planning and presentation
· Experience in dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders representing government, external partners, and others.
· Computer literate and proficient
· Fluency in English is a must.
Qualified candidates based in Kitale or its environs, or those willing to relocate are highly encouraged to apply.
Village Enterprise will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Village will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Village does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by the law. Village will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations. Village Enterprise recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation and expects all employees to share in the same commitment.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter