Regional HR Officer Job, HR Jobs In Kenya October 2020,
Position: Regional HR Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Duration: 12 months renewable subject to availability of funds and performance
Monthly Fee: From Kes130,000/- Gross
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to Reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
The purpose of the Regional HR Officer is to support the Regional HR Office in Nairobi and work in collaboration with the Regional HR team and Kenya Country Office HR. This role reports to the Regional Head of HR.
- Implement NRC’s HR systems/projects and procedures in the region for both national and international staff
- Assist in coordination of recruitments and inductions.
- Support in drafting and publication of job announcements and carry out initial sorting of the applications/CVs and submit the long list for review to the Regional Head of HR/ recruiting line manager.
- Prepare invitations to candidates, set up interview invitations with the candidates and assemble CVs, Interview guides, venue ready for the panel to use.
- Support on preparation of national staff pay roll
- Set and Manage the regional HR archive / filing and support on other emerging administrative issues
- Keep record of regional staff leave applications and generate monthly leave balance report
- Assist to conduct reference interviews on candidates and log them on the system
- Assist in documentation of the recruitment process/report and prepare contracts and all other related documentation on recruitments
- Support the Regional L&D coordinator/Adviser on training processes.
- Recruit of national staff in grade 7 and below with specific attention on talent scouting in the Regional Office by liaising with the recruitment manager and publishing announcement in NRC recruitment system.
- On boarding new staff, scheduling inductions with various departments and following to ensure new staff are properly inducted before starting to work.
- Handle Administrative functions of HR such as filling and ensuring all the personnel documents are filed properly in both electronic and hardcopies.
- Printing of staff IDs, managing leave applications such as annual leave & sick leave etc.
- Responsible for receiving and compiling Work and Development training needs and sharing this with the L& D responsible person; support in other Learning and Development related tasks.
- Responsible for registering new National employees into the NRC People system
- Advising Kenya Country HR on National staff on separation and documenting this process
- Keeping track of the monthly staff list & organograms and ensuring all countries submit monthly and quarterly staff reports.
- Liaising with Administrative department in booking HR related training facilities and departmental supplies/stationary
- Ensure compliance with Kenya Labour Laws (Employment Act 2007, OSHA, WIBA, NITA etc)
- In liaison with Kenya County HR ensure tax remittance and other related returns to ensure compliance.
- Any other HR tasks as delegated by the line manager
- Experience in conducting recruitments is a must
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Must be a member of IHRM with a valid practicing certificate (upload this with your application)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple HR projects concurrently
- Ability to handle all caliber of staff tactfully
- Initiating action and change
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments