Regional Evidence & Learning Specialist Jobs, NGO Jobs, Save The Children Jobs
As a member of the East and Southern Africa Program Quality team, the Regional Research and Evidence Specialist provides leadership to brings consistency, quality and strategic direction to the use of evidence in our work in East and Southern Africa. The role will support Country Offices to monitor, report on and improve programme quality based on evidence generated of what works for children. The position will institutionalize evidence uptake and learning practices for adaptive Child Rights Programming geared towards achieving lasting outcomes for children. He/She will support alignment and tracking of strong country strategic plans, annual plans and reports that demonstrate progress in achieving our Breakthroughs in survival, learning and protection. A strong Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system will be supported in each country to demonstrate impact, specifically aligned to our Global Results Framework, from which this position will build effective evidence and learning systems.
The position contributes to the following components of program quality as supported by the regional office:
- Ensuring development and monitoring of clear country strategic and country annual plans, including assisting country offices to effectively utilise reporting tools to articulate impact;
- Developing and tracking a relevant regional research strategy and plan, leading to multiple learning opportunities for COs, and effective representation of CO programme outcomes and impact in regional and global forums;
- Facilitating learning within countries based on their research strategy, but also across countries in the region and externally; and
- Coordinating inputs to global reports, initiatives and evidence agendas to learn and demonstrate results.
- 7-10 years expertise, and doctoral level academic competence is a plus, Master’s level required.
- Demonstrated credibility and influence (externally and internally) through depth and breadth of expertise; ability to give professional support and direction to senior country office staff.
Experience And Skills
- Knowledge of international humanitarian and development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices.
- Proven intellect, creativity and judgement: original ideas; creative approach; sound judgement and ability to encourage ideas, initiative and innovation in others.
- Personal effectiveness/self-management: ability to work under time pressures, but also to allow flexibility and adapting of the research and learning agenda.
- Leadership and vision: clear vision; ability to secure commitment to vision; experience in initiating and managing change; inspiring to colleagues and model of integrity and honesty.
- Considerable proven experience in undertaking and leading the production of policy, research and evaluation outputs in similar organisations similar to Save the Children, or other development settings.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of designing and managing high level research and evaluations, including RCTs.
- Extensive experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/principles framework.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions.
- Ability to quickly and competently consolidate and summarise information across multiple data sources.
- Strong written and verbal skills in English.
- Ability to make compelling and informative oral presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including safeguarding of staff and children.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours when essential to success of endeavours.
- Willingness to travel within the region.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Contract length: 12 months
How To Apply
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.