Supervisor: Director Programmes
Duty Station: Meru
Main Purpose Of The Job
The position is responsible for facilitating the implementation of NCCK’s Regional programmes and general secretariat activities. The person will be responsible for regional resource mobilization, coordination, implementation, management, administration, monitoring and evaluation. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring regional documentation, sharing of experiences and lessons that enhance regional impact and provide accountability to head office, partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinates all Council’s work in the region
- Facilitates partnerships and networks between the Council and the Membership, communities, the government and other stakeholders within the region
- Serves as secretary to the Regional Committee and Regional Conference
- Represent NCCK in meetings, forums, seminar and conferences that are related to the Council’s work.
- Develop strategic links and collaboration with other local, national and international organizations to deliver common goals relating to campaigns in areas of common interest.
- Establish and Maintain good public relations, networking and collaboration with other like-minded organizations.
- Based on the Council’s Programme thematic areas, develop regional programmes and projects that will facilitate NCCK regional and county level initiatives and interventions.
- Design, plan and facilitate the implementation of strategies, agendas and campaigns that support regional programmes initiatives and activities.
- Work closely with the Programme Managers, Senior Programme Officers and Programme Officers to facilitate and implement regional projects/programmes.
- Is responsible for feedback and accountability of programmes and/or projects at the regional level.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of budgets, and ensure monitoring and controls, for the regional activities.
- Facilitate the production of quality, accurate and timely programme reports and documents as per agreements, requirements and schedules/work-plans.
Resource Mobilization and Fundraising
- In line with the corporate plan and the national resource mobilisation strategy, facilitate the development of a regional resource mobilization plan.
- Ensure availability of accurate regional data and information to support the development of concept papers and funding proposals.
- Proactively scout for new funding avenues, identify funding sources and establish strategies to approach funding agencies that support similar projects in the region.
- Execute the regional plans for resource mobilization and fundraising including the identification of resource requirements, opportunities for fundraising and development of concept papers and proposals for submission.
- Mobilize and raise adequate funds to meet 50% of the regional budget target
- Facilitate collection and documentation of the impact of regional initiatives namely success, transformational and most significant stories and evidence of change to support fundraising and shared learning.
Research, Advocacy and Capacity Building
- Facilitate research and study on specific contextual issues affecting the lives of people in the region, identify regional advocacy issues and make available useful information for the effective advocacy.
- Build the capacity of member churches on the advocacy issues, facilitate and lead the regional advocacy initiatives.
- Support programs to undertake research on policy matters, build case studies, and assist in conducting operations research to inform programme work and agendas.
- Draft talking points, speeches, statements and memoranda on the organization’s position on the identified regional advocacy issues to promote evidence-based advocacy.
- Prepare and disseminate information on outcomes of programs and other relevant results so as to promote evidence-based policymaking and programming.
- Facilitates Council’s capacity building work among membership by analyzing specific needs and organizing relevant capacity building programs.
Regional Financial Management
- Prepares and administers regional budgets
- Responsible for Regional Finances
- Responsible for regional budget monitoring
- Ensure financial accountability to head office
Monitoring, Evaluation, Documentation, Learning and Reporting
- Facilitate and ensure that baselines data whether desk review of empirical data needed by program staff for proposal development is timely submitted.
- Undertake Monitoring of projects being implemented in the region in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation policy and the project’s specific monitoring plan using the provided tools.
- Ensure that all the requisite monitoring and evaluation tools and templates are used appropriately.
- Ensure that all Council activities in the region are documented using the provided tools and templates.
- Ensure that lessons learning is institutionalized and lessons, best practices, challenges are documented and shared with respective officers in a timely manner.
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of reports of activities and projects so that these are done in a timely manner as laid down in the policy.
- Facilitate the posting of activity reports on the web-based reporting system.
- Read and review the reports and documentation arising from the regional operations to ensure they are of adequate quality in content and language.
- Ensure timely submission of reports arising from regional operations.
Management of Staff
- Responsible for supervision and management of staff in the region
- Provide leadership, mentorship and capacity building to staff.
- Maintain an effective, committed, and motivated staff team and ensure that staff issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Handle grievances and disciplinary issues in timely manner.
- Undertake performance appraisal/evaluation of regional staff.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Programme Managers and Director from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University. Graduate qualifications in studies related to governance and social services will be an added advantage.
- Three years post qualification experience in social science related work in recognized organizations.
- Five years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in partnership building, capacity building, networking and advocacy.
- Fluency in English language and working knowledge of Kiswahili is crucial.
- “Leadership ability” as a quality/characteristic/attribute that is valued, and in fact, most list it as a requirement.
- Knowledge of Programme Thematic Areas in Kenya.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Excellent facilitation training skills and in using participatory learner centred methods.
- Ability to manage programmes, set priorities and plan for the successful implementation of programmes.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Excel and Word essential).
- Skills in resource mobilization
- Proven management capabilities
- Working experience with churches and communities
- Ability to multitask
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form(Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 15th February 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.