Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline for submission: October 2nd, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI) (formerly Micronutrient Initiative), is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children, and adolescents. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Our vision is ‘A world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Our Child Health and Nutrition unit comprises a regional, national, and global team of professionals located in Nairobi and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Nutrition International is seeking applications for the position of Regional Advisor, Child Health and Nutrition to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have a Postgraduate level degree in Public Health, Human Nutrition, or Child Health or related qualifications are essential. Qualification or training in Quality Assurance of programs is desirable. At least 10 years’ experience working in Public Health and Nutrition in Africa. Experience in international development work and monitoring and evaluation is desirable. Good understanding of gender and women’s empowerment and its links with improved children’s nutrition. Direct experience working on public health in at least two NI’s core countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Senegal) is highly desirable.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the development or evaluation research, opportunities, and ideas when a need is identified, to investigate persistent constraints to improving Child Health and Nutrition to better inform program design and identify innovative and effective approaches that could be scaled up.
- Providing technical QA and support to Nutrition International staff and partners across relevant sectors in implementing programs in Child Health and Nutrition in the region, ensuring the appropriate engagement of Government, development partners, and other stakeholders.
- Developing additional regional networks and collaborative relations in the areas of child survival and zinc to facilitate and reinforce the sharing of best practices with other relevant programs, experts, and organizations in Africa.
- Monitoring approaches, roles of selected partners, tools, materials, and strategies developed across Nutrition International projects, and interventions to identify opportunities to contribute to organizational learning.
- Providing support to implementation research related to Child Health and Nutrition, and any evaluations to measure the impact of NI’s programs in this area.
What we offer
Nutrition International offers a highly competitive market pay, including health and wellness benefits, pension plan, flexible work hours, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays), and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.