Recruiting Assistant Jobs, HR Jobs, Bidhaa Sasa Jobs
We are looking for a person who enjoys contributing to obtaining and retaining the right talent from entry level to senior level positions within the company. The hire will also be responsible for ensuring strong talent operations where this includes effective probation management and up-to-date database of staff qualifications.
This is an entry level role where the Recruiting Assistant will be based in the Nairobi office though the hire will be expected to travel across our branch network regularly.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable.
Recruitment and Selection
- Attracting and selecting appropriately skilled talent through strategic sourcing starting from timely posting of job adverts
- Screening and long-listing of candidates in collaboration with the relevant Line Managers/functions
- Contacting applicants to facilitate attendance of interviews
- Organizing and participating in interviews in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition and Development Officer and relevant Line Managers/functions
- Facilitating background checks and ensuring timely feedback and responses to candidates and interviewees
- Supporting the on-boarding process to ensure successful on-boarding experiences
- Supporting the Line Managers in evaluating their teams throughout shadowing and probation periods for effective deployment and timely confirmation of all new hires
- Implementing established HR systems related to recruitment and selection i.e. policies, processes and tools where this includes advising and guiding Line Managers on the same
- Evaluating existing recruitment and selection processes and procedures and recommending improvements
- Providing operational support for recruiting, on-boarding, shadowing and probation functions
- Ensuring on-time and adequate documentation of HR processes where this includes quality electronic and hard copy recruitment records and reports
- You have a positive attitude and willing to learn as well as teach others. This includes openly sharing ideas and suggestions for process improvements; speaking up when stuck and being an attentive listener
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets
- You uphold high levels of integrity and confidentiality as well as being able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders
- At least one-year experience working in HR focusing on recruitment and selection
- Working knowledge and understanding of labour laws in Kenya
- Degree in HR, Social Sciences or any other relevant field
- Excellent command of English and Swahili
- IHRM Membership
- Availability to travel extensively across the branches regularly
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if
- You believe in the potential of rural communities to improve their family’s lives and are eager to ensure everyone has an equal part in Kenya’s development
- You enjoy the thrill of start-up life, where we fail and learn from it, where things change fast, and every day brings new challenges. We are a small team working tirelessly to achieve something that has not been done before!
- You are excited about working in a multi-cultural environment, where we have open communication channels, are transparent about challenges and mistakes, learn from each other and respect and leverage our diversity to make the business work.
- You want your ideas to be heard and participate in business strategy: Our team is collaborative and supportive. We listen to insights from our staff, because we know that otherwise we can’t succeed.
Remuneration & Application Process
- Starting at Ksh. 30,000 gross per month
- Deadline for application is 13th July 2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Bidhaa Sasa does not charge any fees for recruitment.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.