Production Manager Job, Engineering Kenyan Job Vacancies
Job Title: Production Manager – Pipes
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
To develop manufacturing methods and processes within the company’s extrusion moulding department. This role collaborates with shift supervisors, technicians and engineers to analyze production steps and establish sequence of operations that allow, the most efficient, effective method of manufacture. In addition, the production manager will establish production standards, performs cost control initiatives and analyze and correct daily process-related issues.
- Support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental and ergonomics efforts.
- Provide technical leadership with hands-on approach to manufacturing process.
- Optimize machine processes to meet Safety, Productivity and throughput goals.
- Troubleshoot and solve plastic process problems.
- Analyze process failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Work with engineering on new project start-ups with transition into production.
- Create standard work instructions.
- Establish and maintain a documented standard process program using process studies as well as the management of deviations from the standard process.
- Collaborate directly with Materials Manager to meet and improve upon alternative materials used on a daily basis.
- Recommend changes to the product/process set-up to increase productivity and improve product quality.
- Work closely with the plant tooling manager and maintenance manager on machine and make repairs.
- Degree/ Diploma holder in mechanical engineering – production option/ B.Sc in Plastics Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 5-8 years’ experience using extruder moulding techniques for either polymer/ plastics/ aluminum materials for pipes production.
- Background in implementing continuous improvement projects in a manufacturing setting.
- Formal Process training, preferably RJG or comparable (decoupled moulding).
CORE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development and strategic planning.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies
- Keen to detail, reliable, good oriented, task-driven, team leader/player.
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Production Manager) to [email protected] Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted. Our agency does not charge candidates to receive applications or interviews. All personal details are confidential as per the Data Protection Act of Kenya.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.