Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd is seeking to fill a position with dedicated, experienced and highly talented hospitality professional.
Position: RECEPTIONIST/CASHIER (Ngulia Safari Lodge)
Reporting to the Head Receptionist, check in and check out all guests as well as collect all guests’ payments, receive departmental sales in cash/credit, balance departmental summaries and post all charges to respective guest’s accounts to ensure accounts are updated and generally provide information pertaining to hotel operations to guests.
Reception/Cashier Job Responsibilities
- Check-in all booked and walk in guest to the hotel and brief the guests on all hotels facilities and services.
- Verify and clarify modes of payments for all arrivals. & ensure FOC collect a deposit for all walk Ins clients to avoid skippers.
- Allocate all arrivals rooms or pre-allocate where possible & compile a daily forecast for the following day
- Communicate all guest complaints to respective departments.
- Ensure all arrivals are registered properly receive a warm welcome
- Check housekeepers report to ascertain the room status.
- Ensures reception reports are filled respectively.
- Communicate all special requests to respective departments Prepares occupancy statistics.
- Handle rooms’ reservations when required
- Handle telephone switchboard when required
- Balance all departments’ summaries
- Receive guest departmental charge and ensure that bills have correct information & post charges into respective Guest Accounts
- Transfer to city ledger all folios to agents with credit facility attaching the relevant correspondence
- Pre-print all folios for departures and ensure all bills are attached
- Performs any other related duties and assignment as may be delegated by the Supervisor
Qualifications for the Reception/Cashier Job
- Minimum ‘O’ level education with at least KCSE Grade C or equivalent.
- Professional Qualification: certificate in Front office Operation from recognized training institution.( KUC added advantage)
- Working experience of at least 2 years in hotel/lodge front office, bookings/sales desk or related hospitality/service industry; customer –oriented, sales focused.
- Computer proficiency (MS office suite) with experience of Fidelio Front office V7.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent presentation.
- Able to work on own initiative yet be part of a team
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to details, practical common-sense approach, applying good judgment at all times.
How to Apply
If you believe that you clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with a detailed CV, attaching copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, experience, names of at least 3 professional referees, e-mail address and telephone to the following address by close of business on Thursday August 31 2017
The General Manager (KSLH)
P.O.BOX 90414-80100, MOMBASA.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.