Communications Internship at RACIDA
Rural Agency for Community Development and Assistance (RACIDA), is seeking a Communications intern to help develop and execute a social media strategy and produce creative assets to tell the inspiring stories of pastoralist communities in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
Duration: 3 Months
We are seeking a qualified individual with an interest in community development and communications who can support the mission of RACIDA.
The internship will provide the opportunity to develop and execute media strategies, social media projects, and produce creative assets (such as an animated video) that will raise awareness for and engage people in RACIDA’s efforts in building resilient pastoralist communities.
Communications Internship Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and manage the execution of a social media strategy for RACIDA;
- Generate content for RACIDA’s various social media pages and website;
- Track social media performance across multiple platforms and provide recommendations on how to increase social media engagement;
- Build relationships and foster communication online by engaging with supporters and partners via social media;
- Conceptualize, edit, animate and/or design creative projects for RACIDA, including but not limited to: an “About RACIDA” video.
Qualifications for the Communications Internship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in Bachelors or Masters program, or are a recent graduate;
- Background in marketing, communication, graphic design, animation, film and video editing or other related discipline;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms
- Excellent video animation and video editing skills, and access to video creation software;
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with other common editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven ability to be creative and detail-oriented;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Self-motivated and energetic;
- Extremely organized.
How to Apply
Please apply via email: [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.
Dateline: December 6th, 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.